Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desire by Charles Borges

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by skyhigh, Dec 13, 2013.

1. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    I've seen mention of Charles Borges font Desire, but I had to post up myself.
    Charles did a wonderful job creating this font..... and with all the extras, its a fantastic deal.

If you don't already have this font, you should check it out.

Tags:
  2. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
  3. Dan Antonelli

Dan Antonelli Very Active Member

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    It's awesome. Charles spent an amazing amount of time crafting a killer font family. We're already beating it to death. Here's a wrap and brand we just designed that integrates it.

Attached Files:

4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I got mine from LHF, where they had the whole kit & caboodle (all twelve variants) for only $89. It's now $99 for everything.

My Fonts makes it look as if you have to buy them separately if you are not able to use Desire Pro....with LHF it's all one price, regardless.

I'm kinda puzzled as to why LHF isn't the exclusive vendor. All the hullabaloo I had to agree to with LHF "Font Guard", I can't see why it's offered elsewhere. Anybody care to comment?

I'm not complaining, it just seems a little odd.

JB

5. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State

Way cool, Dan...way cool.

JB

6. Dan Antonelli

Dan Antonelli Very Active Member

Sep 13, 2003
    NJ
    I don't want to comment on Charles' specific reason, but for most font designers it becomes an issue of distribution. The greater your distribution outlets, the greater chance for residuals. Same for my book. I make more money selling the book on my site, but instead of keeping it exclusive on my site, I teamed up with SignCraft to leverage their distribution channels via Amazon, and other avenues. It's all about who can put the font in front of the most eyes. I don't think the business model supports exclusivity.

But piracy is a big concern obviously. Another reason why there won't ever be a digital version of my book. After having all my fonts ripped off and available for free all over, I decided I wouldn't make that same mistake again.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  7. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

Care to share a link for the free ones? Lol. Just kidding.

On another note, I picked up your logo design books recently. Great reading and lots of awesome illustrations and examples.

8. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Logo and business cards I just did for a cake maker...

Attached Files:

9. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    the S at the end looks...odd...upside-down or something

10. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    In the package, you definitely have other choices..... or you can manipulate the ones provided. :thumb:
    Doesn't get any better than this.

Attached Files: