• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desire by Charles Borges

skyhigh

I've seen mention of Charles Borges font Desire, but I had to post up myself.
Charles did a wonderful job creating this font..... and with all the extras, its a fantastic deal.

If you don't already have this font, you should check it out.

Dan Antonelli

It's awesome. Charles spent an amazing amount of time crafting a killer font family. We're already beating it to death. Here's a wrap and brand we just designed that integrates it.

Attachments

• plumbingtruckwrap1382121651.jpg
    plumbingtruckwrap1382121651.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I got mine from LHF, where they had the whole kit & caboodle (all twelve variants) for only $89. It's now $99 for everything.

My Fonts makes it look as if you have to buy them separately if you are not able to use Desire Pro....with LHF it's all one price, regardless.

I'm kinda puzzled as to why LHF isn't the exclusive vendor. All the hullabaloo I had to agree to with LHF "Font Guard", I can't see why it's offered elsewhere. Anybody care to comment?

I'm not complaining, it just seems a little odd.

JB

Dan Antonelli

I got mine from LHF, where they have the whole kit & caboodle (all twelve variants) for only $89. It's now $99 for everything.

I'm kinda puzzled as to why LHF isn't the exclusive vendor. All the hullabaloo I had to agree to with "Font Guard", I can't see why it's offered elsewhere. Anybody care to comment.

I'm not complaining, it just seems a little odd.

JB

I don't want to comment on Charles' specific reason, but for most font designers it becomes an issue of distribution. The greater your distribution outlets, the greater chance for residuals. Same for my book. I make more money selling the book on my site, but instead of keeping it exclusive on my site, I teamed up with SignCraft to leverage their distribution channels via Amazon, and other avenues. It's all about who can put the font in front of the most eyes. I don't think the business model supports exclusivity.

But piracy is a big concern obviously. Another reason why there won't ever be a digital version of my book. After having all my fonts ripped off and available for free all over, I decided I wouldn't make that same mistake again.

Last edited:
After having all my fonts ripped off and available for free all over, I decided I wouldn't make that same mistake again.

Care to share a link for the free ones? Lol. Just kidding.

On another note, I picked up your logo design books recently. Great reading and lots of awesome illustrations and examples.