• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desk top laser printer fade line in cyan

sfr table hockey

Does anyone know much on desk top laser printers?

I have a Dell 2150cn laser printer that I have run through only a few thousands sheets and the cyan has a fade that starts 1 1/2" in on the left and runs about 1 1/2" more before it is back to normal. Black has the same fade. Mag and Yellow are ok.

Trying to read through the manuals on cleaning and up keep. Cyan Toner cart is still about 1/3 full and Black is over half.

Can this be a cleaning issue or just the imaging drum needs to be replaced? Think they run a little over $100.

It has been a whole lot cheaper to run for average printing needs and have been able to run a bunch of flyer and menu type things with good results.

Any input would be appreciated.

kanini

Usually this is a sign of a failing drum (they can fail early from new also, if the printer is new and in warranty you could try to get the seller to replace them if you only have printed let's say a couple hundred pages).

But before you replace it you could try and take the drum out and shake it gently from one side to another to spread out the developer inside and then try again. Do not touch the green/imaging areas on the drum and don't leave it on the table in light for a day or two... =)

It could also be the transfer belt but my guess would be the drum(s) if you don't have the issue on all colors.

sfr table hockey

Thanks for the reply.

I may order a drum to have on hand and will try to remove the old drum and do as you say, gently shake, and see if it helps. I may wait till the new drum arrives just in case I do something to the old one and make it worse.