Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop Flatbed UV Printer

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by StickerBee, Jan 6, 2020.

1. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    Happy new year!

Looking for recommendations on Desktop Flatbed UV Printer, I wanted to print promotional items such as key chains, water bottle, pens, golf balls.

Please help.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    https://www.logojet.com/default.asp gets a lot of love, expensive though.

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I look into buying one of these every few years and I always decide against it, my research has taught me that these machines need to either be running all the time, or the maintenance gets expensive. also the logo jet machines don't have the best track record with reliability. The Roland machines are well made and most likely give you the least troubles, but it's hard to justify $35,000 CAD for a tiny UV printer to print on promotional items that client's don't want to pay for in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Mimaki UJF line is perfect for stuff like this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    Was looking this printer from China the brand is Fun Jet ... Anyone here have tried it? The Roland LEF 300 is good but F so expensive. Im looking for at least 20K max.

6. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Direct Color Systems have some neat machines, some can even do tshirts with the same ink and it's certified skin-safe which is unheard of in uv inks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Maybe you've figured a way to monetize that investment. I looked at the options several times and came to a different conclusion. Trying to make real money on promo product transactions is a whole different ballgame from signage. Order prep, hand holding the customer, slow production rates etc. just doesn't pay vs. simply outsourcing to someone with the scale to make money and provide the service. Plus I only do promo products for larger transactions so we don't get bogged down in design and small sales transactions. I fulfill the occasional promo product for my key customers via SAGE and make 40%+ gross margin. I would much rather invest the time and resources to sell and design one additional $2,000 wall mural at 60% gross margin than sell and service 5 $400 promo product orders.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    The chinese machines all have horrible reviews, like i said earlier, these machines all need lots of maintenance, if you are set on getting into this, get a machine with some local service techs you can call.

9. StickerBee

StickerBee Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Atlantic Canada
    thank you! And i totally agree with you.