• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop Flatbed UV Printer

StickerBee

Happy new year!

Looking for recommendations on Desktop Flatbed UV Printer, I wanted to print promotional items such as key chains, water bottle, pens, golf balls.

Please help.

Thanks!

CanuckSigns

I look into buying one of these every few years and I always decide against it, my research has taught me that these machines need to either be running all the time, or the maintenance gets expensive. also the logo jet machines don't have the best track record with reliability. The Roland machines are well made and most likely give you the least troubles, but it's hard to justify $35,000 CAD for a tiny UV printer to print on promotional items that client's don't want to pay for in the first place.

StickerBee

Was looking this printer from China the brand is Fun Jet ... Anyone here have tried it? The Roland LEF 300 is good but F so expensive. Im looking for at least 20K max.

Reveal1

Maybe you've figured a way to monetize that investment. I looked at the options several times and came to a different conclusion. Trying to make real money on promo product transactions is a whole different ballgame from signage. Order prep, hand holding the customer, slow production rates etc. just doesn't pay vs. simply outsourcing to someone with the scale to make money and provide the service. Plus I only do promo products for larger transactions so we don't get bogged down in design and small sales transactions. I fulfill the occasional promo product for my key customers via SAGE and make 40%+ gross margin. I would much rather invest the time and resources to sell and design one additional $2,000 wall mural at 60% gross margin than sell and service 5 $400 promo product orders.

CanuckSigns

Was looking this printer from China the brand is Fun Jet ... Anyone here have tried it? The Roland LEF 300 is good but F so expensive. Im looking for at least 20K max.

The chinese machines all have horrible reviews, like i said earlier, these machines all need lots of maintenance, if you are set on getting into this, get a machine with some local service techs you can call.

StickerBee

The chinese machines all have horrible reviews, like i said earlier, these machines all need lots of maintenance, if you are set on getting into this, get a machine with some local service techs you can call.
thank you! And i totally agree with you.