• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop label maker for banners

Dukenukem117

We make window coverings and its easier to position the brackets if you have a template that can temporarily stick to the wall with where to drill the holes. I got the idea from an IKEA product but that was just a strip of paper with no adhesive backing so it wasnt easy to mount.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So you want to make a pattern but have it sticky? Glad you cleared that up because I was confused over this whole thread. Sounds like a good idea.

Dukenukem117

Coincidentally I installed some security cameras today that came with such a thing. It was a small removable sticker with a triangular hole pattern and it was very helpful. The adhesive was like a post-it note in that you can relocate it, which I had to do since my original install location turned out to be solid stone. But mass producing something like that is easy. Making something much longer and custom-sized to the job was my challenge, while keeping the cost down. I think this Brother label maker would work... one issue I had with the test was that the beginning of the label was a bit out of alignment and it corrected itself after a few inches. The QL1100 is made for even wider rolls, so hopefully that doesn't make the problem even worse. I may need to set aside a few inches of scrap leader.

ikarasu

Have you tried putting a label on the wall and peeling it off?

All the labels I've used from labelmakers tear very easy. They're thin/cheap, so if it sits on the wall for even a few minutes... it might be more of a pain to pull off. I'd do a small test on a wall before doing a larger banner!

Dukenukem117

Have you tried putting a label on the wall and peeling it off?

All the labels I've used from labelmakers tear very easy. They're thin/cheap, so if it sits on the wall for even a few minutes... it might be more of a pain to pull off. I'd do a small test on a wall before doing a larger banner!

The adhesive is so weak that it will fall off on its own with enough time.