• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop printer for Vinyl media

whatsinaname

Can any desktop sized pigment based ink printer printers like Epson SC-P407 print on printable Vinyls like IJ-180c etc? Or do we need a special ink to print on such vinyl?

Which printer do you use for designing your prints?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
or the Mutoh ValueJet 628

damonCA21

Or if you have the space, one of the various 300 Roland printers. They can be picked up for a good price used, and put some new heads in and you basically have a new printer.

Even if you are printing from a spare room at home, they don't need that much space

They are good quality and will last for years with minimal maintenance. I would choose them over a BN20 as you have the ability to do larger prints if needed, and also they have the two print heads, so if one does get damaged or wears out, you are looking at a lot less than having to replace the complete head like on the BN20.