• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop Printer.

Danny Toumarkine

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a new desktop printer. Currently my business prints out catalogs with every order that goes out. Something thats decently quick and accepts generic inks (typically branded inks are super expensive.) Bulk ink could work also potentially. I know this isn't a huge ask, but any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much Signs101 community!

2B

You print a "catalog" for each outbound order?
What are you defining as a "catalog"?
* Multiple pages with a saddle stitch or glued binding is what I define as a "catalog"

Danny Toumarkine

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Its just fill color printing anywhere from one page to 10, stapled together. Nothing overly fancy but I dont want there to be handing or have to constantly be checking it to make sure the print quality is up to par. Thanks!

netsol

talking about 8-1/2x11?
buy an hp color laser (enterprise) with finisher

we have had an hp color laser at the office since 2016 and changed 2 rollers and a set or two of cartridges

a good friend in the printer maintenance business (zebra's, etc) says the average copier has a mechanism more complicated than a grandfather clock & as a result needs service a couple times a month. (justifying the "per click" fees)

he suggested hp enterprise printers, which, if given their maintenance kits when needed printed MILLIONS OF PAGES between service visits.

of course the color printers are not QUITE AS RELIABLE, but they come close

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
I work in the sign division of a regular print shop and I would say why take that on yourself? Running copiers/digital printers, keeping them stocked with ink and paper and maintenance is a whole other specialty.
Find a local printer who keeps your catalog on file and digitally prints whatever quantity makes sense at one time for a decent price. If you make friends with them they might also give you sign work they don’t know what to do with.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Get them professionally made.

It'll look better than copy paper stapled together.