• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desktop Sublimation Printer

T Campbell

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about which desktop sublimation printer might be a good substitute for a Mutoh RJ900. I'm looking for a desktop for smaller orders so I can use my Mutoh for our larger runs. Thanks in advance.

PMDLLC

T Campbell I hear Epson has a Surecolor F570 24" desktop version out now. The ink is super cheap and goes into ink tanks. Cartridge free. I believe they run about $2495 and come with inks and paper. Hope this helps. Otherwise the Ricoh Sawgrass SG Series printers. Though ink costs are much much higher on the Sawgrass.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We have the sawgrass, great for loading little sheets for doing mugs etc but the ink is quite pricey. Pennies in the grand scheme of things though

T Campbell

Are you able to profile the desktops like you would the larger printers? I'm hoping to get them to match as closely as possible.

PMDLLC

Are you able to profile the desktops like you would the larger printers? I'm hoping to get them to match as closely as possible.

Your welcome....@T Campbell That I am not sure about, profiling. I would hope so. Thus far great reviews. They are on back order. Here is a youtube video Conde' posted three months ago. The colors are stunning.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, if you're interested I have a 3-4 month old VJ 628 which is the small format (24" wide) equivalent of the 900. It's set up as an 8 color sawgrass right now but can also be converted to 4 color for more speed. It's a great little printer and we use it for small format goods and such but most of our files for old clients are already set up for wider format (we have JV300 and JV33's as well) and we're just not using it as much as we were hoping. It was purchased from Conde. I'm not sure on the price but I'm open to any offers if anyone is interested. Otherwise we'll probably post it on ebay. I owned two RJ 900's before as well and the VJ 628 is similar but it's definitely a nicer build quality and more refined. The 900's were awesome run them until they die printers though, I miss ours...

Craig Keller

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about which desktop sublimation printer might be a good substitute for a Mutoh RJ900. I'm looking for a desktop for smaller orders so I can use my Mutoh for our larger runs. Thanks in advance.
Epson is 8.5 x 11 375.00.after rebate

Dan Berg

We have the sawgrass, great for loading little sheets for doing mugs etc but the ink is quite pricey. Pennies in the grand scheme of things though
No matter how frugal everyone says the Saw Grass is , at the end of the day when you fill it up ink costs are $2.60 a ml. Compared to the OEM Epson for .13 a ml and third party for .06 a ml, Sawgrass is raking you over the friggin coals.

lovita

Sawgrass is a pioneer in the digital ink and sublimation dye industry and has been around since 1988. An American brand known for its cutting-edge sublimation printers bestsublimationsprinter.com and that owns several patents in the US, it is a leader in the market today. The Virtuoso series being one of its bestsellers.

lovita

Sometimes you want to turn your passion into a profession or a side project or something that you can moonlight on. The Virtuoso SG500 is for those who like to setup up a sublimation printing business while releasing their creativity for the world to see.

One of the best sublimation printers for desktop, the Virtuoso takes a higher market share because of its compact built, desktop publishing capabilities, and auxiliary support.