• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperate for help!!!

ajgraphics297

We just bought a falcon outdoor 62". We were able to see the machine in action before purchase, so I know it works. It has a SEH IC105 Print Server. I've done all I can to get it printing, but everytime I send it from the software, It says it cannot open port.:frustrated: :omg2::frustrated:I cannot figure this out for the life of me. the person we purchased it from has been helpful, but there's only so much you can do over the phone. Anyone out there with the patients for someone who knows not what she does? I could really use the help.:banghead::thankyou:

Amanda

randya

The network address you set up in the SEH box IS the network addres of your printer, and must be identical to the address of the printer in your RIP. (i.e. 172.18.3.62)

Your PC network address must be different in the last field. (i.e. 172.18.3.200)

This may make it easier as well if your PC is connected to a router/internet:
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/39/

ajgraphics297

Had to do a reset on the Print Server. As soon as that was done, it started printing stuff i've been trying to print for 3 weeks.:toasting:

dtdm

I've been having some problems with my print server too. It randomly stops printing mid job...

ColesCreations

First thing to do if you suspect network error, is to ping the printer.

(start, sun, then type in: Ping 192.168.1.77 (If that is the IP address you have given the printer)

If it replies, the port is ok, if not, fix it.

We had a 8' print stopping midway through today, could not open port, unable to ping the printer, wiggled all connections and restarted the computer and printer, now ok...