Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate for help!!!

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by ajgraphics297, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ajgraphics297

ajgraphics297 New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    We just bought a falcon outdoor 62". We were able to see the machine in action before purchase, so I know it works. It has a SEH IC105 Print Server. I've done all I can to get it printing, but everytime I send it from the software, It says it cannot open port.:frustrated: :omg2::frustrated:I cannot figure this out for the life of me. the person we purchased it from has been helpful, but there's only so much you can do over the phone. Anyone out there with the patients for someone who knows not what she does? I could really use the help.:banghead::thankyou:

Amanda

2. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Correct cable? go over all port settings. something simple I'm sure.

3. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    The network address you set up in the SEH box IS the network addres of your printer, and must be identical to the address of the printer in your RIP. (i.e. 172.18.3.62)

Your PC network address must be different in the last field. (i.e. 172.18.3.200)

This may make it easier as well if your PC is connected to a router/internet:
    http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/39/

4. ajgraphics297

ajgraphics297 New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Had to do a reset on the Print Server. As soon as that was done, it started printing stuff i've been trying to print for 3 weeks.:toasting:

5. dtdm

dtdm Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I've been having some problems with my print server too. It randomly stops printing mid job...

6. ColesCreations

ColesCreations Member

Dec 15, 2006
    First thing to do if you suspect network error, is to ping the printer.

(start, sun, then type in: Ping 192.168.1.77 (If that is the IP address you have given the printer)

If it replies, the port is ok, if not, fix it.

We had a 8' print stopping midway through today, could not open port, unable to ping the printer, wiggled all connections and restarted the computer and printer, now ok...