• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Despretly need a mainboard for roland sc-545ex!

B13 Signs

Hey everyone, or anyone,

I am looking for a used inexpensive mainboard for my roland soljet proV ii sc-545ex. I have been working on this machine for a few weeks with no resolution. I am low on funds and customers are starting to get frustrated, and so am I. I have replaces several parts, heads, boards, and cables. And think it all leads back to the mainboard being the problem.

All the techs i have spoke with are stumped. And told me it may be time for a new printer. But i am not in a position to be able to afford that right now. I have several jobs that are just waiting for me to be up and running. And that late piece i replaced (ie servo board) i though would do the trick. But with no avail.

So the next thing is the main board so i am looking any where for a used inexpensive replacement to just get the machine up and running so i can afford a replacement printer.

Anyone with info, or a board please let me know.

Thank you,
Brandon

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What issue are you having? Also, check Ebay and Craigslist. Lots of people throw their old machines up therre when they get new ones and sell them for parts.

ProPDF

Hey everyone, or anyone,

I am looking for a used inexpensive mainboard for my roland soljet proV ii sc-545ex. I have been working on this machine for a few weeks with no resolution. I am low on funds and customers are starting to get frustrated, and so am I. I have replaces several parts, heads, boards, and cables. And think it all leads back to the mainboard being the problem.

All the techs i have spoke with are stumped. And told me it may be time for a new printer. But i am not in a position to be able to afford that right now. I have several jobs that are just waiting for me to be up and running. And that late piece i replaced (ie servo board) i though would do the trick. But with no avail.

So the next thing is the main board so i am looking any where for a used inexpensive replacement to just get the machine up and running so i can afford a replacement printer.

Anyone with info, or a board please let me know.

Thank you,
Brandon

You don't have a printer problem you got a process problem. Player is right you need to have an outsource option even if you have 2 printers let alone a single 15yr old Roland. Send the boards out to a company like macmedia.com or some of the others that can be found here. I would take every board out of the machine and send it in for testing.

player

You don't have a printer problem you got a process problem. Player is right you need to have an outsource option even if you have 2 printers let alone a single 15yr old Roland. Send the boards out to a company like macmedia.com or some of the others that can be found here. I would take every board out of the machine and send it in for testing.
Or buy a working unit cheap and then he would have a way to test the boards, or a working unit and a parts machine.

B13 Signs

Update...

I was able to barter with my local supplier and trade my main board and replacement Servo board for a used main board.
I installed it and I am finally back up and running... this had been nightmare but the bright side is that I and literally pull apart the whole machine and put it back together. Its been a true learning experience and now I know some of my other weaknesses and flaws in my company.

Thank you to all that have/or tried to help. this is a great tool for being in the sign business.

Sincerely,
Brandon