• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dfault font info? not

gabagoo

This was an interesting dilemma today. I received a pdf file from a customer for some short run prototype labels for small bottles. When I imported it into Flexi it came in with no font missing info and my only problem was that there were 6 masks on the graphic and when a certain one was removed it took some info with it. I suppose I should ask if there is a way to remove masks in Flexi and not lose info, but that is not the real point of the thread.

I took the file downstairs to a designer who works out of my office and asked if he could open the file and break down the masks. He works in cs4. When he opened the file he said that he did not have the font and it was defaulting. Strange I said as I amcertain I did not have this font either and ran back upstairs to look. What we found is that the font was indeed showing properly in Flexi....I am not sure if I had even heard of it before, but the ingredients font was different, but close enough and I dont care at this point.

I guess I was wondering why Flexi did not warn me that there was missing font information?

any ideas?

gabagoo

strange thing is in Flexi it is a graphic not a font. Must be his illustrator is mentally challenged