• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DHL's subcontractor pissed me off

reQ

Long story short, i have 3 crates of LED letters comming from a supplier by DHL. It got in our city within 4 days after it was sent. By checking waybill # i see its still sitting in DHL subcontractor's warehouse. Called DHL, asked wtf is going on. They called me back in 30 mins, said its has to be delivered today. I was like, alright, sounds good. 2 hours later, that subcontracted company calls me:

Sub: Hello, this is "company name" we have 3 crates for you.
Me: Yes, when will you deliver?
Sub: It is to heavy, we can not deliver it, you have to pick it up
Me: I am sorry, what?
Sub: its to heavy, we can't bring it... I mean we can, but you will have to pay $140.
Me: Pay for what? We already paid DHL & you as subcontractor got paid by DHL to deliver it to us. You are less than 3 km away from our shop.
Sub: No we will not deliver, we will be sending it back if you don't pick it up!
Me: Hold on, i will call DHL & they will sort it out for you.

After that he said nothing & hanged up on me. I called DHL, they assured me that they have no right trying to charge me more money & that shipping is paid right to my door. Told me they will make them deliver tomorrow (which is today).
Got a call this morning from that sub... Guess what? They will deliver!

I was so freaking mad i was ready to punch their faces. Imagine, these retards sending 3 crates of LED channel letters back, considering that i have installation booked this friday & customer's store is opening on the 20th of this month.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So...................... did ya punch 'em in the face ??

It's not nice punching retards in the face, ya know.

reQ

2.30 here. They said they will deliver by 4 pm today. So i will see what happens

Logoadv

I ran into this with a car transporter. Paid $500 to have a car shipped across 2 states, then when it showed up the guy wanted another $300 to take it off the truck. They barely spoke english (from some middle eastern country but not sure which). The company I had paid had sub contracted the job out to them (for $300, and kept the extra $200). No way they were even remotely legal, as they almost dropped my car off of the truck and had no idea how to deactivate a parking brake, calling saying that my car was broken and wouldn't move.

CanuckSigns

I had a similar story, we ordered some poly bag yard signs from a supplier in Toronto, I guess most people pick up from them because when i told them to ship they got very confused. So they finally figured out how to ship, but they sent them by some no name courier (some guy with a mini van). The supplier charged me shipping, the courier picked the signs up and one he had them in his truck he called me and told me he wanted $300 to deliver them to me because they were heavier than he thought they would be. I asked him how heavy they were and he told me at least 800 lbs, I told him there was no way in hell that 100 poly bag signs and wires weigh that much!

He insisted that I pay him an extra $300 to deliver or he would throw them in the garbage, I told him I would have a cheque ready for him when he delivered, he showed up, I unloaded the signs (no more than 100 lbs) and told him I'm not falling for his scam and closed and locked the door on him. he left after a while.

reQ

I had a similar story, we ordered some poly bag yard signs from a supplier in Toronto, I guess most people pick up from them because when i told them to ship they got very confused. So they finally figured out how to ship, but they sent them by some no name courier (some guy with a mini van). The supplier charged me shipping, the courier picked the signs up and one he had them in his truck he called me and told me he wanted $300 to deliver them to me because they were heavier than he thought they would be. I asked him how heavy they were and he told me at least 800 lbs, I told him there was no way in hell that 100 poly bag signs and wires weigh that much!

He insisted that I pay him an extra $300 to deliver or he would throw them in the garbage, I told him I would have a cheque ready for him when he delivered, he showed up, I unloaded the signs (no more than 100 lbs) and told him I'm not falling for his scam and closed and locked the door on him. he left after a while.

I am ordering from Toronto company also (polly bag signs) But they send them by Fedex. So we have Fedex trucks in our city & we never have problems with shipping & we pay under $80 total for shipping from Ontario to Saskatchewan.

P.S. 100 poly bag signs with wire stands won't even be 100lbs... maybe 50-60 tops. I hate tards in business so much geez.... A

Logoadv

It's too bad those poly bag signs wouldn't fit in a flat rate shipping box! I worked for a paintball company and we shipped boxes of CO2 regulators. Large USPS Flat rate box, about 70lbs. They were solid brass.

reQ

4.45 pm... still did not get anything. Called DHL again, explained that big disaster is about to happen wort $20k if we don't get it tonight. Was told again that they will do whatever possible to have it delivered to us today...
Never again i will use DHL, simply because they don't have DHL warehouse in our town & have to deal with idiot subcontractor.

rossmosh

4.45 pm... still did not get anything. Called DHL again, explained that big disaster is about to happen wort $20k if we don't get it tonight. Was told again that they will do whatever possible to have it delivered to us today...
Never again i will use DHL, simply because they don't have DHL warehouse in our town & have to deal with idiot subcontractor.

I have to ask, if they are 4km away, why not just go over there and get the stuff? I get your point on principle, but sheesh. You seem to be adding a lot of stress and wasting a bunch of time when you could have already went over there, loaded up, and brought it back by now.

reQ

I have to ask, if they are 4km away, why not just go over there and get the stuff? I get your point on principle, but sheesh. You seem to be adding a lot of stress and wasting a bunch of time when you could have already went over there, loaded up, and brought it back by now.
I simply can't put big wooden crate on my 1/2 truck. I already called friend of mine who owns furniture store, he has truck with lift on it, said i can borrow it if they don't deliver within an hour.

rossmosh

Take the stuff out of the crate and load your vehicle up.

Then call the company you purchased the items from and tell them you need a refund for the shipping costs.

Yep, DHL is pretty terrible.

They were supposed to deliver us a double-sided 3' x 6' LED display on a certain day. They called that morning and said it was too large and too heavy to fit in their regular delivery vans, that it would have to come the next day on a larger truck. Two days later they delivered it -- in one of their regular delivery vans. Go figure.

reQ

Picked up myself with a regular truck. 1 crate was 2'x3' ft, weighs roughly 20 kgs, 2 crates are 3'x4' weighs roughly 40kg each. Lifted crates myself without any help, while 7 east indian guys were watching me. Signed paper & took off. 1 hour later, DHL customer service called me and said:

Sir, your package is very heavy, they are not able to deliver it to you. But if you can't pick up yourself, they will deliver after 6 pm.

Needless to say, if i would not have picked it up already, i would of explode on the phone, but since i had it already, explained them in a nice way that service is **** & hanged up.

2B

Report them for extortion

• Your consumer protection agency.
  • The Better Business Bureau (BBB).
  • The Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
  • Your state Attorney General.
  • Econsumer.gov, if your purchase was with a foreign retailer.

ILIOSIGN

Similar story here, but from the other side of the miror :

I send to France 5000€ of LED letters in 3 crates. One of them gets missing in Leipzig,Germany. 3 days later, after the client received the 2 other crates, they found the lost one but smashed and most letters are broken.

Guess what? DHL refunds only a small fraction of the invoice because the client allegedly did not pay for the insurance (yes, he paid for it). DHL wanted to deal mainly with my client, although I shipped the goods and my client did not know much about how to proceed and had no experience in international trade. Besides, this company do their best to take things slow...