• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Di-Noc carbon fiber by 3M

"Deposit Please"

I was thinking about making a small purchase on this particular carbon fiber vinyl, so i can play around with it & see how it conforms to curves, etc.. My intentions are to wrap just the hood of my car with this carbon, just not sure if this material is a good choice. Has anyone used this di-noc carbon by 3M. Does it look & feel real?? Whats your take with wrapping a car hood using this stuff? Does it conform to simple curves?? This new di-noc carbon by 3m is buzzing all over the internet. Thanks

ratchet

I've used it on some small motorcycle parts and a couple of laptops.
Looks and feels as real as I would imagine vinyl can get.

Yes, it conforms (esp. with the aid of a heat gun)

IDS has 8X10 samples if you want to see it for yourself.

Dinoc carbon fibre

One of our staff just had it installed on his hood, no problem. I've also seen it wrapped around the wing mirror of a Caravan; it seems to be comparable to cast vinyl as far as comformability goes.

stickermonkey

It's pretty cool stuff. I have a small sample here in my shop. Me and a couple people from my shop went the ND Grpahics last week to learn about wrapping and the day after we were there, they actually did that very thing to the CEO's car. I didn't get to see the finished product.
Anyhow...I like it a lot. I think it's pretty accurate as for look and feel. And ND Graphics will sell it by the yard here in Canada. Not too shabby a price either. I'm thinking of combining it into the new wrap we're working on for our shop.

johnnysigns

It's nice stuff. With primer and some heat it'll do all kinds of turns. I've got a big ole chunk of it to do interior bits on some family cars soon.

CheapVehicleWrap

Good stuff!

Attachments

• BMW-after.jpg
    BMW-after.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 148

CheapVehicleWrap

What cool about it is it hardens like plastic more than vinyl. Got 2 cars yesterday that were done up quite a bit about a month ago. Crummy install and they want to do them over.