Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Di-noc Carbon fiber.

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by VinylLabs.com, Feb 21, 2011.

1. VinylLabs.com

VinylLabs.com Member

Mar 2, 2005
    any idea where to get it from in Canada? the place I was buying it off raised their prices from 36$/y to 46$/y and that's too much of a jump for me.

Tags:
  2. mobilwraps

mobilwraps Member

Nov 14, 2010
    ND Graphics is where i use look into the new 1080 series its a better carbon fiber with a fused in laminate

3. VinylLabs.com

VinylLabs.com Member

Mar 2, 2005
    ND graphics is my supplier ;) they are the one who raised it to 46$ /y

4. SurfaceSigns

SurfaceSigns Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Surrey, BC Canada
    We buy ours from 2 different sources, Western Rim and ND Graphics. Western Rim's prices were higher, but they stocked all the colours, where as ND only supplies our Black and White.

I was also informed of a price increase, so I stocked up on as much as they had available at the old price. If you think the prices are high, have a look at the US Suppliers. They are quite a bit more. For once Canada actually has better pricing.

As for the 1080 Carbon being better, not sure I'd agree. It doesn't have near the detail of the Di-Noc. However, it does probably stand up better in the elements when used outdoors.

5. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    1080 also doesnt have a permanent adhesive like DINOC. DINOC on paint, not so good.

6. jgolo

jgolo Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Fellers now has it in their catalog, if you can buy from them.

7. VinylLabs.com

VinylLabs.com Member

Mar 2, 2005
    paint, Like wallpaint? Or paint, like automotive paint? I've installed it on a few hoods... I thought it was heavilty fixed, but not permanent, I thought there was a glue to make it more permanent.

8. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Automotive paint. I've installed DiNoc on a hood/roof/trunk and never had a problem with it...the whole point of wrapping something is for it to be permanent.

I've seen the 1080 and the Dinoc side by side and the 1080 looks ALOT like oracal's carbon. Very small weave and more accurate to actual carbon. The Dinoc is larger weave but that's all we use.

9. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    TCT sells kpmf carbon fibre product that actually is recommended for vehicles. I am not sure 3M's is designed for vehicle apps

10. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    It absolutely is. It's conformable and has air channel.

11. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada
    Have you used this vinyl before? Is it the same as the 2mil kpmf? Does it have air egress?