• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

diabling Mimaki jv300 auto maintanence - refresh function

Bork

Hello Everyone,

My jv-300 looses a few nozzles after each refresh operation (Maintenance->Auto Maintanence->refresh). (it is auto cleaning-like function, during printing).

While I'm printing with %100 nozzle, after refresh operation,the head misses a few nozzles, so it is completely unnecessary.

It is possible to decrease frequency until 1 hour in the menu, but it is not possible to disable it.

Is there a parameter to disable this?

Best Regards
Berkay

MuhammadOsta

changing the refresh interval has nothing to do with the automatic cleaning while printing.
from the SETUP menu,set "AUTO CLEANING" by page, length or time interval. unfortunatly, even if you stop this, the printer will carry on auto-cleaning in the middle of print!

Bork

Yes, Muhammad, This is what I'm talking about. We've already turned off the Auto cleaning under SETUP menü...

However, as you said, it still makes cleaning once every ~1 hour. This causes missing nozzles instead of recovering!

MuhammadOsta

that's frustrating I know.. I purchased the service manual just to understand the parameters, I hoped to find details on each parameter but I was wrong.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There is some problem that is causing the missing nozzles. The head refresh is not the problem though, its part of the symptom. Simply disabling this would be like fixing the squealing brakes on your car by playing the stereo louder. You are only doing something about the symptom and leaving the actual problem to eventually get worse. The head refresh is what causes the printer to draw more ink into the head so that it does not starve for ink when printing something with heavy ink loads and fast speeds.

That is an odd one though and I'm not very familiar with the newer JV300 machines though so I'm not really sure where I'd start troubleshooting. Since its such a new model though I'd think either your dealer or Mimaki support would help you determine why you are getting nozzle dropouts when the heads stop to refresh on the capping station.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Refresh on the JV300 series is not like the refresh setting on the JV33 series. Refresh on the JV300 series is the new, less ink intensive, automatic cleaning function. Although there is still an option for auto cleaning, it uses much more ink and should only be used in certain circumstances. Refresh is a major improvement as far as auto maintenance goes and it does not run during printing. If your machine is cleaning during printing, that is a completely different setting. You need to go into the menu>Setup>Setup 1,2,3 or 4 and then scroll down to auto cleaning. This setting should be set to off.

As sightline said, if your machine cleans/refreshes and you lose nozzles, you may have a bad cap top, pump, and/or other ink flow maintenance parts.