• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Diagonal Banding in VJ1614

ndowd

Has anyone seen diagonal banding in the Mutoh ValueJet 1614? I see it primarily in solid blues and greens, it is really strange.

Sticky Signs

Sounds like one of your jets has a little clog in it and it's spraying ink side ways instead of straight down. I could be wrong but I'd give it a good cleaning.

ndowd

I have run the head cleaning and the nozzle check shows that all of the nozzles are functioning correctly. I can print most other colors without a problem but the solid greens and blues have the diagonal banding.

ndowd

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

HaroldDesign

For it to carry the diagonal continually, further than the length of a pass I would think it's something going on in the file. Does it do this if you were to print just a block of color (new file - not using the this one)?

RVSG-THOM

Seems like another profile problem. VJ1604 has the same problems if your heater settings aren't right, or the ink limitations are wrong in the profile in question.

ndowd

I get it a lot with solid blues in general. This print is one of the worst that I have come across but it has definitely happened with several file formats.

As far as the heater settings, I have tried printing hot, cold and just about everywhere in between with no difference. I have not messed with the ink limitations in the profile though...

I am using Flexi8 Pro and ideas how to make that adjustment?

randya

I have never seen nor heard of anything like this.

Call Mutoh support and have them walk you through printing out all the alignments in maintenance mode.

Dry those well and roll them up with an example like you posted and send them to my attention. I would like to see this.

randya