• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dialog box does not appear-Illy CS2

katee123

I have a strange problem.
When I attempt to save an item in illy CS2 the dialog box does not appear.
Its driving me mad because i can't save anything. Export does not open either. The screen just kind of flashes like it opened but I can't see it....please help.

beermonster

trash illy prefs file and restart

dont cave in straight away like most folks and start re-installing stuff - it's not often needed

by the way - what system - mac/pc? OS version etc

:rock-n-roll:

beermonster

ok i'm mac based so shooting in the dark - sorry

i'm not convinced that illy cs2 is recommended for vista - (is anything????) - maybe check that out. CS2 has been out a while, maybe make sure you have all updates installed too.

Tony Teveris

Did it ever work under Vista? If and I'm not sure but if Adobe was using standard Microsoft Open/Save dialogdox code it changed in Vista. But I would think this is the case only if it never worked on Vista for you.

I just found a system here with CS2 on it but it's a Win 7 system. I see that Illy has two Open dialog styles, standard and Adobe.

Last edited:

Service Sign Co

There's a little AI in the left top corner that says restore when you click it. I have no idea what it does,but it probably can't hurt anything.

Tony Teveris

Katee, I see you tried the Adobe forums. Sometimes they help but are not watched much by actual Adobe engineers which is a shame.