• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DiBond Install Blues

MadGraphixINC

Hi all, has anyone done a vinyl install on curved DiBond panels? I have an install coming up and have no clue how many hours to quote the guy:/ Does anybody know about how long it should take to do a 60"x192" panel?

Pat Whatley

If it's a simple smooth curve it shouldn't take much longer than a flat panel if you're mounting a digital print and I've actually found it to be faster doing cut vinyl.

MadGraphixINC

The Panel is a pretty simple curve, but the prints are in sections with vertical seams. The material used is gonna be Controltac 3mil matte...

SignManiac

Inside curve or outside curve? Are you left handed or right handed? What color is the DiBond? These are critical components to a proper install.

MadGraphixINC

Its an inside curve, and im right handed. I believe the panels are a grey finish, but i havent seen them yet. The install is going to take place about an hour and a half from my shop:(

SignManiac

Inside will be very hard if you're right handed. You will have to improvise and use a right to left overlap instead of left to right. The grey finish is in your favor, it's neutral. White is easiest and black is hardest. One reflects ultra rays whereas the other absorbs them which creates heat. The heat will shorten the amount of time you have for the rarified adhesive molecules to activate. You can sometimes exhale on the surface to keep it cooler, but if you overdo it, you can hyperventilate and pass out. You don't want to be doing this while standing on a ladder. Good luck on this one.

iSign

Inside will be very hard if you're right handed. You will have to improvise and use a right to left overlap instead of left to right. The grey finish is in your favor, it's neutral. White is easiest and black is hardest. One reflects ultra rays whereas the other absorbs them which creates heat. The heat will shorten the amount of time you have for the rarified adhesive molecules to activate. You can sometimes exhale on the surface to keep it cooler, but if you overdo it, you can hyperventilate and pass out. You don't want to be doing this while standing on a ladder. Good luck on this one.

wow, we already have the "tokers forum" COOL! :thumb:

tintguy31794

I would do it by myself... because thats all I have. I would say 3 hours (with the understanding that I don't know how many sections or if this is going to be on a ladder or whatever else that could hinder me). Plus driving time and I would most likely add in for lunch because i'm so cheap that I eat at home everyday and If I were out of town it would cost me more to eat and also fuel.. so I would be at about $385.00 at the very minimum... more if I felt that I would need it to make the day profitable. Its easier to come down on price then to go up so I would probably quote him at $475.00