• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DiBond Pricing for 2' x 3' with Reflective Lettering

djdg

Hello,

I hate to ask but I'm not sure what to charge for 5 white DiBond 3mil 2' x 3' single sided panels with 3M Reflective black lettering and I'm installing all 5 at the same location on chain link fencing. I'm not sure what kind of hardware I'll be using so I'm just trying to figure out a fair price on the signs.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions on pricing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, ya need more information for a price on the signs. How much copy, tedious work or not, logos and whatnot. As for the installation, if it's all ground level, it would be best to use the clips which are made specifically for chain-link fences and at that size, you can probably do it yourself, but a helper would certainly be a good idea. Next, figure your travel time and any other out-a-pocket expenses and add everything up and add your markup and profit into it and you should be good.

djdg

Well, ya need more information for a price on the signs. How much copy, tedious work or not, logos and whatnot. As for the installation, if it's all ground level, it would be best to use the clips which are made specifically for chain-link fences and at that size, you can probably do it yourself, but a helper would certainly be a good idea. Next, figure your travel time and any other out-a-pocket expenses and add everything up and add your markup and profit into it and you should be good.

Not a lot of text and very basic lettering of 2 to 3 lines of 4" letters or so. The fences are at ground level. Travel time is about an hour and 25 mins round trip. I'm mainly looking for suggestions on how much to charge for just the signs. Is $145 a sign too much to ask for? I feel like given the time to make them, DiBond material and 3M reflective that it's a fair price.

Sdegen2008

Not a lot of text and very basic lettering of 2 to 3 lines of 4" letters or so. The fences are at ground level. Travel time is about an hour and 25 mins round trip. I'm mainly looking for suggestions on how much to charge for just the signs. Is $145 a sign too much to ask for? I feel like given the time to make them, DiBond material and 3M reflective that it's a fair price.

Personally, I don't feel your $145.00 is out of this world for pricing. Especially with the reflective vinyl component. For (5), I might come down a bit for "quantity" pricing but I think you're about there. Install shouldn't be too arduous but just do whatever your hourly rate is but make sure you include your travel time. This probably wouldn't take you more than an hour to install.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Based on that, you're using 1 sheet, so about $135/$145 ea plus hardware and installation. Do you need permits ?? Include them, as almost anything outside requires permits nowadays. You'd be around $1,000 bucks for everything, but permits.

djdg

Thank you all very much for your help with this. I don't believe I need permits as they are for the back side of an industrial park on private property and they tend to mount smaller signs here and there for their needs. Thanks again!