• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DiBond to 4" x 4" Pressure Treated Post w/no Visible Hardware

rdm01

I have a client asking to mount a 3' x 2' sign to a 4" x 4" post and put it in the ground. They have now asked that there be no visible hardware on the sign face, how would one do that? I was thinking maybe mount the sign with some countersunk screws and put the print over that, but it seems a little flimsy. Any thoughts?

what the

Owner/op
Invisible hardware

I use this on all my signs that are mounted with screws, they have caps that cover screw heads at ace hardware. They are black, white or gray and are usually kept in the hardware drawers. If you can't find them there, grainger should have something that would work

skyhigh

adhesive

use adhesive and 1.5" vertical angle to match up with your post.

The "caps" are ok, but it still says "fasteners" to me.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Using VHB tape, attach two lengths of 2''x2'' aluminum angle vertically to the back of the panel so the post fits between them. Run a few lag bolts through the aluminum and into the post.

what the

Owner/op
Good idea

I was thinking the sign was much larger- good idea instead of caps. How would you do this with a 4' x 8' 1/2" MDO?

rdm01

Thank you, so obvious when approaching with a fresh mind. When clouded with ideas from your client, the job becomes so much more difficult.:banghead:
Ryan

J Hill Designs

I was thinking the sign was much larger- good idea instead of caps. How would you do this with a 4' x 8' 1/2" MDO?

4x8 MDO is too heavy for this approach - I would MAYBE use a million screws through the angle into the back of the MDO in addition to construction adhesive if the client INSISTED ON no visible hardware

2B

For Dibond we take the post and run them through the table saw and cut a groove 1.5" deep about 2-3 blades widths wide. then slide the dibond down into the grooves and gravity is your fastener
Depending on how wide the sign is put another post under the sign holding the post together (the horizontal post can be done with/without a groove)