Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dibond ?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by showcase 66, Oct 8, 2010.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I am getting ready to do two signs for a local shop here and we are going to use Dibond as the substrate. I have used it before in the past but I was thinking of just having it printed onto the Dibond. I have talked to some people here that say it doesn't look as good when it is printed onto the dibond as if it was printed on vinyl and then applied onto the dibond. I have done it this way before, but I am thinking it will be a lot easier for me to outsource it to be printed onto the dibond and then install it.

Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Longevity requirements?
    How close is the viewing?

For only 2 signs, print & mount shouldn't be too big a deal.

3. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    Both signs are 4x8 and will be mounted on the sides of the building. One will be approx 25' high at the bottom of the sign. The other is going to be approx 40' high.

As for longevity. The owners are wanting something up right now so people can find them. They want a fully light sign but their budget wont allow for it right now. They say it will only be a year, but I have a feeling it will end up being a lot longer than that.

4. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Either way.. we've had really good success printing direct to aluminum.

5. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    Good to hear Chris. I was going to call you guys up earlier today but I got caught up on a couple of other things. The owners have finally decided on getting this size. Of course, they have changed their fricken minds about 15 times already, so the size could change.

6. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well, let me know if we can help. Wouldn't be too bad of a drive to come pick the panels up!

7. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    Not at all. I have season tickets to the Cardinals so I come down quite often this time of year.

8. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    I get flatbed prints done on Probond / Dibond ( and laminated) all the time and they come up looking fantastic, only way to go....

9. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Yep, for that use either way would be just fine, so it falls to cheapest or quickest.