• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did anybody else get a Signs 365 surprise?

gnubler

What'd I miss? No pizzas showed up here.
However, I did get some boxes of printed ACM signs and boy were they heavy. Couldn't even lift them on my table. I pity the FedEx drivers who have to wrangle with those every day.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yes! I got one also. I'm not a fan of the design so I gave it to my customer for his "Patriot Building" he was so vry grateful and excited!

I thought it was a really nice gift!!!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yes! I got one also. I'm not a fan of the design so I gave it to my customer for his "Patriot Building" he was so vry grateful and excited!

I thought it was a really nice gift!!!
What's not to like? Asking for a friend.

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You couldn't find a spot for the DOI...
Back in the early 70s, the Exchange Club placed "Freedom Shrines" in many of the public schools. Does anybody remember them? It was essentially a collage of the DOI, Constitution and many of the early supporting documents of our government.

Sadly, they're being tossed out in light of the current political climate. But even if the Freedom Shrines stayed, (practically) NO kid in public school today could read them...they're all written in cursive.

You can bet I'm hanging this where all my clients can see it.

JB

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I received one (Declaration of Independence) also. Will wrap it up and give it to some non binary democrat.
They would try to wipe their ass with the declaration of independence... The republicans try to wrap themselves with it like a blanket. That acrylic breaks off in sharp pieces when bent to far....

unclebun

Yeah, I got one a week ago. Haven't had time to open it yet. I guess it's an acrylic sign, based on the box.

unclebun

IMG_20230628_100907_HDR.jpg

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We received one of those today. It seems pretty nice. I'm not sure where in the shop we'll install it. The top and bottom portions of the image look pretty authentic, but the central block of text was re-written in what looks like the Snell Roundhand typeface.

Attachments

• 20230628_124625.jpg
    20230628_124625.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 180
  • 20230628_124710.jpg
    20230628_124710.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The top and bottom portions of the image look pretty authentic, but the central block of text was re-written
Maybe they had an AI bot re-write it. Have you read it closely and compared the content (not the font) to the original?

Stacey K

I like making signs
You couldn't find a spot for the DOI...
I could find room but my friend is a Veteran and has "The Patriot Building" which rents office and conference rooms out. He serves local Veterans and the entire thing is decorated with this kind of thing. He was extremely appreciative of it. Most of those signs aren't getting hung up. Mine is already proudly displayed for all the Veterans to see it.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those anti-America weirdos. Quite the opposite...lol

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Boudica said:
Maybe they had an AI bot re-write it. Have you read it closely and compared the content (not the font) to the original?

I hadn't gone quite that far, but the word "Brittish" in the text caught my eye. I could immediately tell the main block of copy was Snell and not hand written.

Johnny Best

That Signs101 Declaration is not the original look.
The original was hand written by Timothy Matlack. But like some people, we know would not be able to read it, this has been typeset. Saw the real one in Washington DC when I was about 10 years old Under glass.