• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did anyone ever get the "square"

showcase 66

I remember a while back someone posted about the square credit card reader thing. I think some people said that they were waiting for theres to come in.
I was messing around on my phone last night and found the app so I decided to sign up for it.

If you got yours,

Does it work pretty good?
How long does it take to have your money deposited into your account?
Has there been any other charges?

Wes Phifer

I got mine in less than a week. Under $1000 goes in the next day. If it is over $1000 it is suppose to take a little longer. I haven't tried over $1000 yet. It works just like it says.

jc1cell

Not available in Puerto Rico

I opened my account only to realize after further reading on the site, that it's not available in La Isla del Encanto. So must wait till it is.

Cheers
jc

Bill43mx

Yes, I got mine in late november. Also took less than a week to receive. This is the mobile CC solution I was looking for! I also know 3 other business owners that use them and no complaints so far.

Brandon708

I have it with my HTC Evo and it works great. The money is in your account max of 2 days. There are no monthly fees and the card reader is free.

They only charge 2.75% + $0.15 per transaction when you swipe the card and 3.75% without the card.

It also has gps and photo adding of product. I would highly recommend it if you have a smart phone with a touch screen.

showcase 66

Thanks for the info. I cant wait for it to show up. I have 3 more months on another contract for another place but I should save enough by using this to help offset that cost for a few months. I had heard from someone that it took them 3 months to get theirs. Not sure if that was because they signed up for it before it was actually available or not.

I was also told in april or may that the new Iphone 5 is suppose to be out and it will have some kind of cc reader on it already. not sure if that is correct or not. guess we will have to see.

Brandon708

Thanks for the info. I cant wait for it to show up. I have 3 more months on another contract for another place but I should save enough by using this to help offset that cost for a few months. I had heard from someone that it took them 3 months to get theirs. Not sure if that was because they signed up for it before it was actually available or not.

I was also told in april or may that the new Iphone 5 is suppose to be out and it will have some kind of cc reader on it already. not sure if that is correct or not. guess we will have to see.

They will send it out when you confirm your bank account. They will make 2 deposits in it and you need to tell them what the amounts where. I got mine about a week after that.

GypsyGraphics

i'm in the process of signing up for intuit's go payment
if you use quick books, you might find this to be a better option

not much difference between the two, other than a slightly lower swipe rate with Intuit, and the reader itself seems more stable and durable for the iPhone.

EDIT: this could be a major difference, max per day on the square is $1,000. vs no limit for intuit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/square-and-intuit-gopayment-comparison-2011-1

showcase 66

i'm in the process of signing up for intuit's go payment
if you use quick books, you might find this to be a better option

not much difference between the two, other than a slightly lower swipe rate with Intuit, and the reader itself seems more stable and durable for the iPhone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/square-and-intuit-gopayment-comparison-2011-1

I currently use quick books cc processing. I have been having problems with them as well. Probably from that stupid lady who said I fraudulently charged her card. I will have to check into it. Thanks for the info GG.

One thing I noticed is the monthly fee. Intuit says none, with the $12.95 per month plan with discounted fees or something like that. Not sure what that means.

Attachments

• sq vs ituit.jpg
    sq vs ituit.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 131

Brandon708

I currently use quick books cc processing. I have been having problems with them as well. Probably from that stupid lady who said I fraudulently charged her card. I will have to check into it. Thanks for the info GG.

One thing I noticed is the monthly fee. Intuit says none, with the $12.95 per month plan with discounted fees or something like that. Not sure what that means.

it means there is no fees.

They also offer a way to bring down the % of the sale if you pay a monthly fee of $12.95
THis would apply if you do a lot of cc $$$$$ per month

Border

Looks like the intuit plan supports the Blackberry Storm 9530 but I have the newer Storm, model 9550. Looks the same but wonder if it would work?
Sure would be nice for encouraging down payments and sealing the deal while out on the bid!

I used one of those Squares to pay for a repair service I had done a few weeks ago and it looked pretty slick. He handed me his iphone and I just used my finger to sign my name on the touch screen....Presto!

Bill43mx

Hmmmm....Interesting that Intuit option is free. I had been looking at them (I use Quickbooks) prior to going with Square and the cheapest plan they had at the time (November) was $15/mo and required you buy a card swiper that, if I recall, was around $100. I think that regardless of which processor one chooses you should thank the folks as Square for creating the competition that brought the price down!

GypsyGraphics

personally, i've always have a very passive business approach...

clients come to my office, if they are interested in my services i email them an invoice, when their 50% is received their job goes on the schedule.

and that work quite nicely until last year

after a great phone call with Jon Aston yesterday...

i'm re-thinking my approach in some areas... i've got pretty good people skills, in fact would really enjoy going out and talking to potential customers. kinda cool to think... i could seal a deal on the spot... pull out my handy-dany swiper and say gimme that dang credit card... let's to this deal!
ok, maybe a little more professional than that, but that's what i'd be thinking
or maybe that awesome PINK song.... I'm Not Here For Your Entertainment... just gimme the money.... aaaaalright.

Border

kinda cool to think... i could seal a deal on the spot...

Yep...right at that moment when they ask you how far out you are or how long will it take to get the job done, you can pull out your little swiper and tell them that you take jobs in the order that you receive down payments and they can get next in line, right now if they want!

showcase 66

Yep...right at that moment when they ask you how far out you are or how long will it take to get the job done, you can pull out your little swiper and tell them that you take jobs in the order that you receive down payments and they can get next in line, right now if they want!

:goodpost:

Bradster941

Kind of wanted to bump this and find out if it is still working to your satisfaction?

Also, was anyone able to raise the transfer limit which seemed pretty low to me.

TIA