• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Did PIP Printing copy my catalog?!?!

thinksigns

SnowFlake
The first attachment is a screenshot of their website. The second is the material description headers from my 2007 catalog. Note the Checklist (with words in the same order) and standard and special order colors.

On a side note, my sister worked for them many years ago. Not in 2007.

I started the day creating the post "Honey, call the lawyer." - now I may need to.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• pip.jpg
    pip.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 117
  • think.jpg
    think.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 107

iSign

wow... it's almost as if you are both in the same industry.. an uncanny similarity to both be listing sign materials and colors on unrelated marketing pieces... unless of course you are both in the sign industry...

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm not saying they copied the look. I'm saying they got a copy of my catalog and took the descriptions, check list, standard colors and special order colors and put it on their website. They decided what colors would be standard and what are special order and it just happened to be the ones I chose? Their check list has the same items in the same order as mine?

jiarby

Uh oh... I list my substrates too.

I am gonna go trademark the phrase 4x8 then sue everyone!

Dzrt1st

FWIW, you are using two registered trademarks on your catalog page without the ® symbol and not giving credit to the respective owners of those trademarks.

MikePro

agreed that the content is definately a duplication... i'm almost curious if your content may have been "inspired" elsewhere, as well, but it doesn't really matter.

even if you could go after them for damages for the time spent creating your content... by the time you go through small claims, you'll both be sore in the rear and the lawyers will be the only ones making money.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I've calmed down over night. I do know that I need to have clean hands before complaining about someone harming me. I posted last night immediately after I came across their website. The fact that a direct competitor just a couple of miles down the street copied something that I took time to put together had me steamed.

The owner probably has no idea. I'll just stop by to point it out to them and ask them to change it.

WDP

huh are you serious? As a designer myself you have to be kidding right. All visually arts are renditions of what you see somewhere. Either way they both look good and functionally.