• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Didn't see this topic covered need advice on Eco Sol vs max

MakeMyGraphic

Okay so I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of ink before my next shipment comes in, And unfortunately my local supplier happens to have run out of cyan as well and expects their delivery to arrive same time mine will -___- found a local person selling Genuine Roland eco sol inks that I can use, but the cartridge does not read max. I've been using Eco Sol Max so, would it be bad for me to temporarily load up a regular eco Sol cartridge into my Maxine until my shipment comes in just to make sure my print head doesn't gulp up air? Im not selling high prices items right now so I'm not concerned about that, I'll swap back to regular Eco Sol max when my cartridge comes in, I'm just trying to find a quick fix for now... And my machine is out of warranty anyway, please advise.

Ragnabrok

I know a printer that got a max2 cartridge in place of max, and it jammed the damper. may not be the same case, but sometimes being careful is better than regret.

player

Just leave your empty cartridge in there until you new one arrives on Tues. The empty cartridge is not completely empty. I would not use any ink you are not sure of. Heads and dampers are way too expensive.

I just don't understand why you don't have 4 extra full cartridges in stock, and reorder when you use one of your extra ones. That way you are never stuck the way you are now.

Is this not the most obvious stuff ever?

MakeMyGraphic

Just leave your empty cartridge in there until you new one arrives on Tues. The empty cartridge is not completely empty. I would not use any ink you are not sure of. Heads and dampers are way too expensive.

I just don't understand why you don't have 4 extra full cartridges in stock, and reorder when you use one of your extra ones. That way you are never stuck the way you are now.

Is this not the most obvious stuff ever?

actually the dumb thing is that I always get backup inks but then recently I started using 440 ml carts instead of the regular 220s I used to use before, so now when the machine says the inks are empty I end up pulling them out, then I realize they still are half full so I shoved them back in, somehow the Cyan completely flew right beneath my radar when I placed my inventory order about half a year ago (yeah I was not printing a lot of stuff until recently) now that I am gearing up for a convention where the popular color is CYAN in the designs I am making I was notified by my printer that I needed to replace my cart, then I reached for my "spare" cyan and discovered that one slipped -__- so normally I wouldn't be in this predicament. Ah well... but I do believe I should have enough residual ink leftover in this 440 cart to get me through to Wednesday.... I just have to not print as much Cyan heavy designs. Pfft...

btw a 220 ml cart used to last me half a year, now that I started using these 440s it... threw me off majorly haha... I need a printer upgrade -__-

player

Same with me... I don't print much either. I worry more about inks going bad than running out.

Is there not a local supplier you could get one from tomorrow?

MakeMyGraphic

Is there not a local supplier you could get one from tomorrow?

my regular supplier (Mc Logan) was completely out of 220 ml Cyan... and I have been using this aftermarket Cyan that has worked beautifully and I have not had any problems, the inks are 1/2 the price of the OEM ones and a reportedly performing the same IF NOT better than when I was on OEM, I did not have to flush the ink lines either, that is how awesome that ink is... but now that I've been consistently buying only THAT ink it kind of makes me cringe to pay close to $200 for a 440 ml cart XD I am soo cheap. Especially when my inks are already on their way right now.

I've been getting my inks btw from this company called "Cuantek" love their formulations. Very good stuff at least for me. And I occasionally do stress tests on my decal prints to ensure they are still up to par, I don't laminate anything since the decals I make are not meant for long term applications.

player

my regular supplier (Mc Logan) was completely out of 220 ml Cyan... and I have been using this aftermarket Cyan that has worked beautifully and I have not had any problems, the inks are 1/2 the price of the OEM ones and a reportedly performing the same IF NOT better than when I was on OEM, I did not have to flush the ink lines either, that is how awesome that ink is... but now that I've been consistently buying only THAT ink it kind of makes me cringe to pay close to $200 for a 440 ml cart XD I am soo cheap. Especially when my inks are already on their way right now.

I've been getting my inks btw from this company called "Cuantek" love their formulations. Very good stuff at least for me. And I occasionally do stress tests on my decal prints to ensure they are still up to par, I don't laminate anything since the decals I make are not meant for long term applications.

If you are cheap, and don't use much ink, I would worry about the potential repair bill for replacing heads, dampers and lines as a result of 3rd party inks. All the vendors say they are fine but stay quiet when there is a problem...

MakeMyGraphic

If you are cheap, and don't use much ink, I would worry about the potential repair bill for replacing heads, dampers and lines as a result of 3rd party inks. All the vendors say they are fine but stay quiet when there is a problem...

thanks again :) I'm actually on my 3rd year with these and my friend with a larger printer who also lives here in San Diego did warn me about a brand HE used one time that did not preform well and ended up costing him a lot to flush out his heads. I wont bash on the brand here but I can safely vouch for myself that using the inks I mentioned I haven't had any issues (knock on wood) and this is my 3rd year on them. I appreciate the concern though but trust me... I was a little skeptical at first. Plus my machine (BN-20) is actually way out of warranty... it is a PITA to service and this is why I am considering going for the next size up. But for now... it is helping me get by, granted my freaking Cyan comes in soon T^T