• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die Cut Business Cards

Charlie J

I'm looking to do something kinda like this.

attachment.php

http://www.cherryflava.com/old/6a00d83451aee269e20115707735e2970b-pi.jpg

Can anyone recommend a company?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Silkcards.com does that sort of thing. We have used them for a few orders before. Not the fastest turnaround but their quality is impeccable.

WI

That's a fantastic design.

Now, a card like that used to mean that you'd have to have a custom die made, which ain't terribly cheap.

Things in the printing industry have changed pretty significantly over the past few years, so you'll have to check with your vendor to see what their procedure is for cutting custom shapes. Maybe someone's got a way to do it super-cheap now, it's been a while since I've worked with printed projects like that. If they're still stamping stuff out, you might want to ask your prospects if they've got stock dies that you could choose to work with instead of having one made. Might even save you a few hundred bucks.

To make matters worse, your example has a perf on it. Again, more handling at the press, possibly special stock, all of which is more money.

You may need to steer away from the online mass-production shops like VistaPrint and PrintPlace (they do great work from what I've seen, however I'm not sure I'd trust them with a really complex job like the one you're proposing.) For something like this, there's a place down in my neck of the woods called Classic Graphics (knowclassic.com) that can most likely handle this sort of thing. Ideally though, I'd go local. Speaking to a printer face-to-face can make a world of difference. If you're near Chicago I'd be shocked if you had any trouble finding a good shop.

wmshuman

Ask them for a new dealer kit. They have some really amazing looking cards out right now. Try their new 32pt cards which are two 16pt cards glued together and the top card usually has a design cut out to allow the bottom card to show through. You can really make some totally unique looking cards using that technique. You can almost guarantee your competition down the street isn't using anything even close.