• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die cut - cut through?

Joop

Hey peeps,
I'm a long time Graphtec user, I've been using a FC7000-160 for 3 or 4 years... but believe it or not I am JUST NOW having the opportunity to use the ARMS feature since I bought my valuejet.

So my question: when diecutting a print or cutting out a slew of stickers, can I turn the force way up to cut through the vinyl and the backing?

My concerns are:
-Leaving the cutter alone and stickers flying everywhere.
-A whole in the vinyl from a die cut setting off the media sensor.
-Premature blade wear.

Does anyone do this? Or do other "sticker printing companies" use a different process for this...

Thanks for any thoughts! I have yet to even try the arms... maybe tonight I will.

I'm just thinking ahead here.

Joop

P

ProWraps™

no, but you can use the perf cut setting. it doesnt work that great. but it was created to do what you are looking for. its not a true die cut. but its the closest you will get with out a die machine and a blacksmith. graphtecusa.com has the tutorials on how to do it. go into their support tab and watch them.

Joop

no, but you can use the perf cut setting. it doesnt work that great. but it was created to do what you are looking for. its not a true die cut. but its the closest you will get with out a die machine and a blacksmith. graphtecusa.com has the tutorials on how to do it. go into their support tab and watch them.

Sweet, will do... I didn't even know that option was available. Thanks man!

PMG

I use it everyday...if you dont have the blade depth and pressure set the correct way you will get a chitty perf cut with jagged edges and and eat up the cut strip real fast.......... its a very fine line on the settings.