Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die cut - cut through?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Joop, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Joop

Joop Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Hey peeps,
    I'm a long time Graphtec user, I've been using a FC7000-160 for 3 or 4 years... but believe it or not I am JUST NOW having the opportunity to use the ARMS feature since I bought my valuejet.

So my question: when diecutting a print or cutting out a slew of stickers, can I turn the force way up to cut through the vinyl and the backing?

My concerns are:
    -Leaving the cutter alone and stickers flying everywhere.
    -A whole in the vinyl from a die cut setting off the media sensor.
    -Premature blade wear.

Does anyone do this? Or do other "sticker printing companies" use a different process for this...

Thanks for any thoughts! I have yet to even try the arms... maybe tonight I will.

I'm just thinking ahead here.

Joop

Tags:
  2. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

no, but you can use the perf cut setting. it doesnt work that great. but it was created to do what you are looking for. its not a true die cut. but its the closest you will get with out a die machine and a blacksmith. graphtecusa.com has the tutorials on how to do it. go into their support tab and watch them.

3. Joop

Joop Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Sweet, will do... I didn't even know that option was available. Thanks man!

4. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I use it everyday...if you dont have the blade depth and pressure set the correct way you will get a chitty perf cut with jagged edges and and eat up the cut strip real fast.......... its a very fine line on the settings.

5. hoppers

hoppers Member

Dec 9, 2007
  6. Joop

Joop Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Yeah I have been watching all those vids for the past hour... lots of good info!