• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die Cut

PMG

Ive been in a debate with my buddy who also owns(the money man only) a sign shop,he said on the Graphtec Fc 7000 and above you can die cut the stickers out of a sheet of say like 100 stickers,he cant show me any that his wife has done on his,i keep telling him shes going to screw up his cutting strip and blade,and also that the sheet will not be ridged enough after the stickers come out of the sheet and will not run true if not go completely off track !!! I have not tried this on mine as of yet because i dont think it can be done.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ive been in a debate with my buddy who also owns(the money man only) a sign shop,he said on the Graphtec Fc 7000 and above you can die cut the stickers out of a sheet of say like 100 stickers,he cant show me any that his wife has done on his,i keep telling him shes going to screw up his cutting strip and blade,and also that the sheet will not be ridged enough after the stickers come out of the sheet and will not run true if not go completely off track !!! I have not tried this on mine as of yet because i dont think it can be done.

The cutting strip you can protect by covering it with a strip or two of heavier vinyl. But cutting through the backing is going to eat your blade. Paper is abrasive as all hell and dragging that tiny cutting area through a few feet of paper is going to dull it severely.

I's one of those things that you can do as a stunt, preferably with someone else's equipment.

ChicagoGraphics

We have a Mimaki cutter that cuts normaly on the back teflon strip, then theres a second stip in front of that and thats for strickly die cutting the strip is made out of a softer rubbery/spongy doesn't dull the blade either

signage

i believe some of the graphtech cutters have an option to do a pounce like cut through the backing paper.

NBaessler

If you go to our website under support (www.graphtecamerica.com/support), at the bottom right of the page is a video that can show you how this can be done on the FC7000. It is a feature called Perf Line. This show how you can use the plug-in to accomplish this. Make sure you have the latest version 1.8 firmware. Contact me if you still have issues. 800-854-8385 x 1119.

Neal Baessler
Graphtec America, Inc.

PMG

I got it figured out,its in the menu on the cutter its self..........here is how its done................
#1 set up like your going to contour cut
#2 set new origin
#3 hit menu
#4 hit next 2 times
#5 hit function 1
#6 hit perf line type and set the spacing you want your perf to be
#7 hit enter
#8 hit menu to return back to main screen,and cut away!!!!!!

Neil

Does it work okay?
Does it cut into the strip much?
What pressure did you use?
What happens to the vinyl as it's scrolling back & forth through the machine?
Did it kill the blade?

Come on PMG - you're the GP (guinea pig)!

PMG

i just got done with a 200ct. die cut run,and the blade is still good,the cutting strip seems to be in good shape as well,but im sure they both will need to be changed if you do this allot...To save the blade and strip i would set it up like your going to do a run,and open your plotter controller and into edit conditions and do a Test for cutting force test first.

PMG

Well after 300 die cuts the strip is showing allot of abuse,,i think i will not do this die cut stuff till they come out with a die cutting strip just for this purpose. I had to adjust the force 3 times along the last 50......................................... :Sleeping: