• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Die Cut?

mbarden

Hi Everyone,
Is it possible to die cit with the Envisions 375? Also is it possible to back slit as well? I had a sample from a distributor that was die cut and back split. I can't for the life of me figure it out or find any docs from Gerber to support it.
Thanks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

GB2

Old Member
I've never tried it myself but I can only imagine that you load the material in the plotter with the liner side up and plot a back slit pattern in the liner. I'm fairly sure you can get that to work but it would take some fine tuning to prevent it from cutting through to the vinyl. As far as die cutting, I've heard that can also be done but I don't know how. You probably plot some type of dotted line or something similar to a pounce pattern with enough force to go through all the way. Though that may work I don't think that particular plotter was designed for that type of cutting and if you use it in that manner you will probably prematurely wear out many parts.

signage

Graphic marketing systems used to have something on doing this. You may want to contact them or go over to 4edgetalk and ask the question. Yes it can be done but I do believe it is hard on the blades.