Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIe Cutting using Mutoh Value cut

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by YK_sign guy, Oct 1, 2018.

1. YK_sign guy

YK_sign guy New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Yellowknife, NT Canada
    I have a HP Latex 260 and we used to have a graphtec cutter, but a cable was damaged
    and a freind is letting me use there cutter its a Mutoh Value cutter and I can't seem to figure out the cutcontour option??

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It depends on the software you are running but it works the same as Graphtec fundamentally it just uses different crop marks. Let us know what software you use to print and design and we can help a little better.

3. YK_sign guy

YK_sign guy New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Yellowknife, NT Canada
    Thanks for the reply... I am using Onyx thrive software. I print my file the same and when I open the cut server I can see the file but when I select it and it and go to cut nothing happens??

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I don't use Onyx enough to help unfortunately. You will need to use the Mutoh specific crop marks for it to work so if Onyx allows for that then it should work. If onyx doesn't have a Mutoh ValueCut Driver it may just not work at all unless you get a version that does. Hopefully someone else with experience on that software knows and can help.

5. YK_sign guy

YK_sign guy New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Yellowknife, NT Canada
    All good I figured it out, I'm Die Cutting!