• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Differ ink kind

808tlt

Aloha,

I have a Mutoh 38in printer. The black print head went bad so i got a new one from cmyk parts.com installed it with a new damper and a new Mutoh ink cartridge. ran ink fill and a few cleaning passes and it printeed fine. now i put the covers back on and i get ERROR Differ ink kind. They are Motoh inks from sign warehouse.Help it's friday and i have a banner due tomorrow morning.

John in Cali

If it is crucial to print tonight...take the covers off and try printing. I had the same thing happen to a Mutoh Falcon.. Hope it works.

Aloha

808tlt

So I pulled the black ink cart and insert a cleaning cart and performing a head wash. we will see what the outcome is

Jim Doggett

Aloha,

I have a Mutoh 38in printer. The black print head went bad so i got a new one from cmyk parts.com installed it with a new damper and a new Mutoh ink cartridge. ran ink fill and a few cleaning passes and it printeed fine. now i put the covers back on and i get ERROR Differ ink kind. They are Motoh inks from sign warehouse.Help it's friday and i have a banner due tomorrow morning.

You can also call our support. We're open until 11 PM Mon - Fri | 9 AM - 4 PM Sat | 1 PM - 5 PM Sun. Support is 800.966.1783 or support@signwarehouse.com. Our main line is 800.699.5512.

Good luck!

808tlt

differ kind ink

Well nothing changed. called tech support there suggestion was to clean the eye that reads the foil on the side of the ink cart. did that and same thing. if i put cleaning cartridges in they run the cycle so i don't think it 's the cartridge reader eye. maybe mutoh will have some suggestions.

Jim Doggett

Do they know the suggestion they gave did not work? They may have other suggestions. BTW, they'll be in from 1 to 5 pm today, Central Time. Sorry it hasn't been an easy fix. But someone should be able to sleuth the problem. Thanks, Jim

Stealth Ryder

Well nothing changed. called tech support there suggestion was to clean the eye that reads the foil on the side of the ink cart. did that and same thing. if i put cleaning cartridges in they run the cycle so i don't think it 's the cartridge reader eye. maybe mutoh will have some suggestions.

If neither the Cleaning Carts or Ink Cards associate to the machine then it is something in the sensor system, IE dirty sensor, defective sensor, cable disconnected, etc... If it is just an ink cart has something to do with the foil label that has the 2 black squares printed on the it.... They are either not placed correctly or the black square is not dark enough.... That is all it can be.... This is OEM ink I assume?

808tlt

I put a label from my empty cartridge and same problem. if it was the sensor which i removed and cleaned with alcohol and a foam wiper why can it pick up the cleaning cartridge. I'm at a loss, I'll call Keith again Tuesday maybe he can call Mutoh for me.Only possible thing maybe the ribbon that connects the print head maybe damaged.

henryp

I'm not sure why or how it happened but it seems your printer is in headwash or longstore mode. This is probably the reason why it reads the cleaning cartridges but not the ink cartridges, really weird.

808tlt

today i pulled all the ink cartridge and did a head wash and ran they cycle now it can read the new cartridge and i need a new capping station it keeps binding setting error code 074u.

henryp

today i pulled all the ink cartridge and did a head wash and ran they cycle now it can read the new cartridge and i need a new capping station it keeps binding setting error code 074u.

Just as I thought, that is weird, normally if the printer was switched off while in the headwash or longstore mode, it would go to the ink fill mode when switched on. Yours is different, it still wanted to finish the headwash.