• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difference between MUTOH 1204 as and 1204 ga?

CP Signs

+1. We have a 1204plus. I know most don't like the idea of printing on banners with grommets, but we've through 40+ rolls of banner and never had a problem. Bought that printer basically for that. Saves a lot of time not having to put grommets in. After 100's and 100's of banners, the time saved is amazing.

TDFcustomSL

+1. We have a 1204plus. I know most don't like the idea of printing on banners with grommets, but we've through 40+ rolls of banner and never had a problem. Bought that printer basically for that. Saves a lot of time not having to put grommets in. After 100's and 100's of banners, the time saved is amazing.
I also bought it for this reason but, for me anyways, its hard to get the material set up so that it will start printing in the correct spot. I eventually gave up because I was tired of wasting the pre grommeted stuff. so now I just print on regular material and grommet and hem after.

TDFcustomSL

So is the 1204 as ok? I don't do many banners. Thanks

im not positive on this but I think the only thing that might be different other than the grommet notches would be the firmware. im not sure where your looking but I couldn't find any plain ole 1204s when I was looking, everything I saw was capable of printing on the grommeted banner material.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The 1204GA is now renamed the 1204Plus. There is very little difference between the actual printers themselves. The main difference is the 1204Plus has groves in the platen to allow printing on banner that is already grommeted. The other difference is the 1204Plus is a Mutoh branded product and the 1204S is a Sign Warehouse branded printer. Because of this Mutoh doesn't directly support the 1204AS.