• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

difference eco-sol maxx and eco sol @ sp300 menu?

zm71

Hi, whats the difference between the eco-sol maxx and eco sol -setup, at the sp300 menu?

I know that running different setups for example eco-sol at the sp300 menu and running eco sol maxx at the rippper will make colours bad.

Called my supplier about this and he had no idea :clapping:

What do i have to do to change from eco-sol to eco-sol maxx. Cant find any info about this.. simply change it with a couple of clicks at the printer-menu and it will be good or will the sp300 empty a lot of ink when doing this and maybe something else that i need to be prepared about?

Hope you understand what im talking about. Sorry for typo& the english.Thanks!

CS-SignSupply

What inks do you have installed in your machine? If you are in User Mode and choose the option to CHANGE INKSET, I believe it will take you through the process of emptying the currently installed ink and have you reinstall the new inkset.

If you get into Service Mode, you can change the inkset without an issue.

zm71

What inks do you have installed in your machine? If you are in User Mode and choose the option to CHANGE INKSET, I believe it will take you through the process of emptying the currently installed ink and have you reinstall the new inkset.

If you get into Service Mode, you can change the inkset without an issue.

yupp, it said something about empty the drain bottle so i got a little bit worried.

I already got eco-sol maxx roland originals but its "set up" with eco sol @ menu and in the ripper for some reason.

Ill start it up in service mode then, thanks a lot!

amw

Longtime Members
yupp, it said something about empty the drain bottle so i got a little bit worried.

I already got eco-sol maxx roland originals but its "set up" with eco sol @ menu and in the ripper for some reason.

Ill start it up in service mode then, thanks a lot!
WHen it starts up it should say maxx....did you just get the printer?
I dont think you can even buy the eco sol ink anymore.

We set one up when it was moved and accidently picked eco sol and had a ton of issues. We had to empty the ink and do a pump up again and pick eco sol maxx this time and everything has been fine since.

Marsha

zm71

WHen it starts up it should say maxx....did you just get the printer?
I dont think you can even buy the eco sol ink anymore.

We set one up when it was moved and accidently picked eco sol and had a ton of issues. We had to empty the ink and do a pump up again and pick eco sol maxx this time and everything has been fine since.

Marsha

Long story short:

Been running eco-sol max ink with eco sol setup at both printer and ripper for a while.

Do u think i have to go thru the same procedure as u even if i been running the eco sol MAX for a while. There would be no copy-cat-ink (or eco-sol ink) anywhere in the "pipes"....

Thanks for your answer Marsha.

sfr table hockey

If you do find yourself having to do a pump up and drain and replace all the ink in the lines, I think you should be able to just remove the lines from the pump and let the pump run (thinking its dumping the ink etc) and then once the printer thinks its done, put the pump lines back on.

I know on the older Rolands, this works as it just runs the pump for a time period. No need to waist ink. However I am also running a printer that thinks its still printing waterbased in the ink set. Not sure if the sp300 would actually spit ink out in a different way for each ink set.

(just seen the post about running eco sol in the rip) I think you would be better to run the ink set you use (eco sol max) in the rip and the right profile.

Ken

When I switched from ecosol to maxx inks I just replaced the cartridges when they became empty and I really didn't have any issues with that. There is some bit of software from Roland..I may still have it on my system..for the change over.
If your colour output is acceptable, dont bother "telling" the machine.
Cheers!
Ken

zm71

Thanks everyone for your input! Hope i can help you out someday.

I think i go with cibersupply´s advice. Service Menu, change ink to maxx, hope that the printer doesnt drain any ink, and start using the maxx profiles in the ripper.

Cant do it this week tho, ill update you how it went.

:toasting:

D3G

ZM71,

Did you make the settings change for your inks? I have the same issue and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D3G