• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Different Print Results: Halftone (Roland) vs Contone (HP Latex)

I have an issue where printed results on my Latex 570 printer look significantly different on my Roland XC540. Specifically, this happens with a file that has complex transparencies. The Roland prints exactly as the file appears on the screen. The Latex looks very different in the areas with the transparencies. I suspect the difference is that the Roland is halftone (RIP handles everything) compared to contone (Printer handles processing). I have noticed that my HP FB500 (halftone printer) behaves like the Roland. A workaround would be to flatten the file but I'm wondering if there is a way for it to "just work" on the Latex like on the Roland. We design in Flexi and export as PDF to ONYX Thrive 20.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What is the difference exactly?
RIP handles the rasterisation (where your issue is?) but the printer takes care of the rest etc.

So... Are you sure you have all settings correct in the RIP?