• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Different vinyls

NZBloke

Just looking at a site for Oracal vinyl. WOW! Heaps of different types. The vinyl I got with my equipemnt is Oracal 551.
Is there a site that explains the difference between them all?
Gloss Vinyl
Heat transfered
High gloss
Premium cast vinyl
polyester
TRANSLUCENT
sandblast stencil.
So many kinds... I have thought about travelling to the shop 2 hours away oneday and going through it all with them, but they probably just want to sell the stuff, not teach someone... :)
This is the site I was looking at...
http://www.signsupplies.co.nz/products/sub_category.asp?category_id=1

If anyone knows a site that explains it all, I would really appreciate it. Cheers.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
on the back of the vinyl charts, there's an explanation of all the materials and what their best use is (as least that's how my FDC chart is)

caos68

I have been using oracal 651 for years. It is an intermediate vinyl, and does the job. The oracal 751 is a high performance vinyl. I have heard from other people that the 651 shrinks, but I have never had a problem with it. Maybe its because I am at a higher elevation.

hoppers

Go to oracals website, sign up and there you can get free samples of every material. I just got a large packet of about 20 different samples - granted they are like 8x10 inch each, but still good enough to try out.

NZBloke

Awesome. Thank you. I will contact my local stockist over here in New Zealand and see if they have the sample packs...
CHEERS!