• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difficult with colors

I'm having a tough time getting the colors I like in this layout. Opinions and constructive criticism would be appreciated, Thanks!:thankyou:

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Attachments

• shark 1.jpg
    shark 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 86
  • shark 2.jpg
    shark 2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:

signswi

Easy answer: use one of the colors from the mask for the Tiger Shark text (say RGB 22,22,22). Slightly less easy answer: pick your dominant color and set up a triad, complementary or compound set of colors based off of it.

Jillbeans

The one in the oval has the most promise, if the words were white.
Why the different light sources?
Malkin is correct about the kerning.
But I'd change the fonts to something more complimentary to each other.
Love....Jill

Custom_Grafx

I like the bottom one too, but there is a lack of contrast at the bottom with the black on blue. Maybe a light coloured stroke could go on the text, or use a lighter coloured background?

I know you only asked about colour, but I also feel that the shark could be much larger. It's a nice artwork and it feels like it's a waste when it could be making more impact than it currently does.

signswi

Well if we're going to talk about something beyond color yeah both typefaces are terrible as are the effects on them. Start over. The shark is great, though the anal fins are a bit big.

That's right I said anal.

Marlene

the oval is a better start. try it with the lighter blue background like the top one as the dark blue isn't enough contrast. you could also try having the water be a teal/blue green color instead of a shade of the same blue as the shark.

also take another look at the shadows on all of it as the light source is messed up. the font for shark just doesn't seem to be the right one. the water park is so so and could work if you went in and node edited the heck out of it.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I'm open to other advice, not just the colors. Sorry about the kerning, I totally agree, I just hadn't gotten that far yet.

I'll make changes and repost a pic in a day or so. Thanks again for the comments.

signmeup

The water drops are making it hard to see the shark. I would reduce or eliminate them... and make the shark bigger. It's almost there, it just needs some contrast and pop.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Along with the other suggestions -
Change the color of the "water park" text
It needs to be something other than black.
Blue, white or a nice gradient - just not black.

wayne k
guam usa