• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digimag?

divers2deep

Has any used Digimag vinyl.... Im running a VS540, can this material hurt my machine. The description states i can use 20 mil with Roland ? what do you all think?

Thanks,

Kevin

jkdbjj

Has any used Digimag vinyl.... Im running a VS540, can this material hurt my machine. The description states i can use 20 mil with Roland ? what do you all think?

Thanks,

Kevin
I think you need to print onto vinyl and mount it to the magnet. Why risk it? Plus printing on that, looks like crap in my opinion.

So, use a decal, better results, and less risk.

2B

+1 to all said above

also if there is a error in the print you have wasted that mag material instead of just the vinyl

bgraphics

bad stuff

I have found that the white layer of digimag peels up... I hate the stuff. I only work with the traditional magnum magnetics... not their digimag.

divers2deep

Yeah, I agree... its not worth the hassle of having the machine work that hard pulling magnet through... I ll stick with the way i have been doing things.

Cyw

......and yet another +1 to everything said

We print on vinyl and custom cut the magnetic on a flatbed cutter

Mosh

+++print on film and apply to mag. BUT use a good film or the print will shrink and cause edge-curl and magnet FAILURE!!!
dealing this a case right now...I used o just print on cheap, lam and send out...lesson learned.

royster13

Print on magnet material that does not have a charge and magnetize afterwards....My supplier has been doing this for years and it works well.....Magnum sells devices from hand held to much fancier......

Mosh

Print on magnet material that does not have a charge and magnetize afterwards....My supplier has been doing this for years and it works well.....Magnum sells devices from hand held to much fancier......

That sounds like alot of work for making sign for gypsies!!! generally who buy magnetics signs!!!

royster13

I typically sell them in bulk, 24+ per order.....To contractors working on large job sites.....I leave a blank space they can use for unit number.....