• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digiprint-suppliers killed my VS-420

hii,

Last week i contacted digiprints technical support to ask about a misfirring nozzle. I asked if the printhead that i replaced a couple of days before had a warranty. They helped me with it by checking everthing. They then gave me advice and said that i should replace the FFC cables that are going from the printboard to the printhead. So i did. And now it isn't doing anything anymore. So i asked digiprint what happend and they litterally told me this:

Hi,
Why have you replaced the FFC cables? Missing nozzles have nothing to do with cables or pcb boards this is related to dampers, capping, pump. Here you should recover the missing nozzles with tool below:
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/dx5-dx7-head-cleaning-kit.html

they just want me too buy the cleaning Kit which I already bought 3 times.

Is this a scam?? Now i have a Roland VS-420 with a printhead that just moves but doesn't print???
:banghead::banghead:

wunder

first......digiprint-supplies some things going wrong there......sell as OEM and comes China Crap aso.
Last trouble with them "told us on stock" and nothing on stock and cant send it and lie the parts are not avialable anymore.
But ordered from OEM Part after 4 days received.....And the money dont refund aso...a terribel story with them.

OK your problem....hope you have install the flatcables right. the contact pins are not bent. Control it 2nd time !

If you have air in the Head or Dampers check it 2nd time.

Robert M

Print head

Check to see if you blew the fuse on the main board when you changed out the cable.

interesting post, is an employee of Digiprint dishing his own company or are there two digiprints

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I only trust my supplier, they sell OEM parts and compatible parts in good price.
And they have technicians can support us with technical advice.
When the expensive boards broken, they can help us repair, the cost is lower than replace a new one.

Find a good supplier is so lucky.

Brent

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Check that you don't have the cables flipped... we recently got a head replaced and the tech accidentally connected the cables up crossed over.
Everything in the printer seemed to work fine, just no ink being jetted.
Flipped the cables back and all went back to normal.
Probably not the same issue, but worth a check.