• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Canvas Printing Help Creating Offset 4 tile print

deejayjomo

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here... I have seen these offset canvas prints for sale (I have included a preview of what I mean)

I am wondering how do they get the tiles to be the correct size for printing.
All their products have the same tile layout so I know they will being using some type of automation to do this. I know you can use automation within photoshop to achieve this so the customer can see the tiles.

But when it comes to printing them... How do they get the tiles to be the correct sizes & layout correctly... The tiles in the attachment are 12inch wide) I'm just curious how they get the correct gaps between them so the image stays in proportion when printing and hanging on the wall.

Any info would be great guys.

Thanks, Jamie :)

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 83

deejayjomo

HI WWPRO,

Thank you for the info, but I already use Picture Resize 7 from ononesoftware to do this, it resizes in about 30 seconds to the exact size of the canvas and includes the wrap of your selection. But it's the tiling I can't figure out on that image... as It's completely offset, it's not split into equal sizes...

Does anyone have a good idea how to split them equally width wise but offset height?

Thanks again,

Jamie.

booshworks

We do this using Corel or Adobe products all the time (a few times per week). It's really easy.

CorelDraw is probably the easiest way to do it. Here are the steps:

1. Start a new project that is the final size of all of the canvas prints together (including the "empty" space in between prints). Add 4-8" to the vertical and horizontal sides to account for the wrap image data.

2. Lay out your rectangles using the rectangle tool in Corel.

3. Once the rectangles are laid out (over the photo), I add 2-3" horizontal and vertical to each rectangle to account for the wrap image data.

4. Click one rectangle, hold shift, click the image. Click the "intersect" button on your toolbar.

5. Hit Ctrl-X to cut the image off CorelDraw and then paste it into Corel Photo-Paint as a new image.

6. Repeat steps 4&5 until all rectangles are cut and pasted into Corel Photo-Paint as new images.

When you print the images, you'll have perfectly spaced and sized rectangles.

rjssigns

Here is how I would do it. Set up oversize "tiles" in Illustrator. Bring in your EPS file. Clip to tiles. Could perform the same clipping in PS too.

Tiles should be 1.5" oversize for bleed. Build frames 1.5" undersize. Can "gallery wrap" them then.