• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital (flatbed) cutter

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Ok 101 brain.......

Looking at adding a digital cutter.

Any pros/cons and what you think (if you have one) for....

ZUND G3 L-2500
COLEX Sharpcut SX
SUMMA F1832

Cutting your typical materials acm, coro, pvc, foam core. Also vinyl laminated and non-laminated regular cutting and thru cuts

Thanks in advance

Bly

We have a Zund G3 - Oce ProCut version.
It's a very productive machine that will cut any of those materials quickly and easily.
Print, scan the barcode and cut.
You can train new staff to do simple operations on it in about 15 minutes.
The router auto bit changer is amazing.

ProColorGraphics

I LOVE my Summa F!!! It has done everything I needed it too. I have the 1612, the small one, and have no issues with the size. If budget and space allowed, yes, I would definitely go with the 1832! I have most of their tools, let me know if you have any questions.

HulkSmash

honestly out of that list, the ZUND is king, but the summa can do almost as much as the zund, not as fast, and not as automated, but it's also like 70k less. I think for an entry level, you can't lose with the summa, then upgrade when you get a bottleneck at your digital finisher. And from my understanding the summas F's have an amazing resale value.

Superior_Adam

Zund all the way. Yes they are at the top of the price range but it will last forever and finishes everything amazing. Very easy to use. We have had ours 3 years and not 1 tech visit. No need and buying a lower end model to have to eventually upgrade later.

Technician

Drive it hard
I have the experience to work on both Zünd and Summa as technician. I do installation and repairs on both of them. It is what people saying, Zünd is top of the line but Summa is coming close and closer. Cutting speed is about the same. The difference is in the tools and the router is much better on the Zünd. I should look at how is the support and service is in your area for the different brands? And make a choice from that. If you don’t want to do a more costly investment you go with Summa and trading up later if wanted. As others already told you both machine have a great re selling value. If we ever get in a used Summa or Zünd it’s sold before it’s leaving the old users. I think we even has a waiting list of customer want used cutting tables..
Good luck in your investment