• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Image Enlargement

ericmitchell29

Does anyone have the ability to enlarge an image that was taken with a digital camera? I know there is software for this but, I only need the one image. I'll pay for the services. I've heard of "blowup" software and things like that, just not too familiar with their quality.

The image was taken with a 6mpixel camera I believe. I want to enlarge it to around 2x4'. Can this be done and still look good?

The dpi has to be somewhere in the 150-200 range and obviously no pixelation. If you know someone, or are interested, I'll send you the image I have.
Like I said, I don't want a freebie.

Thanks
Eric

MariaMartini

What size and what DPI is the original?

As far as I know, you cannot enlarge anything without pixelation unless the DPI is really high to begin with.

Unless there is some magic software I don't know about...

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use Genuine Fractals. Love it - especially now that it's integrated a little better into Photoshop (used to be a PITA to use)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What size and what DPI is the original?

As far as I know, you cannot enlarge anything without pixelation unless the DPI is really high to begin with.

Unless there is some magic software I don't know about...

Sure you can. There's a few proprietary packages available that will enlarge without pixelization. I use Photozoom and there's a few others as well.

None of them will make a crappy image any less crappy but there will be no pixelization. None, nada, zero.

MariaMartini

Sure you can. There's a few proprietary packages available that will enlarge without pixelization. I use Photozoom and there's a few others as well.

None of them will make a crappy image any less crappy but there will be no pixelization. None, nada, zero.

Wow, I never knew this stuff existed. You learn something new everyday!

ericmitchell29

Hey I gotta tell you guys, Shovelhead came through once again on here. I now have a file I can use at 4 feet wide and the detail is great. If any of you are in need, look up Shovelhead, he can save you a big headache.

Thanks again Shovel,

Eric