• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital media curl

SignShopNB

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Printing on a Roland Sp-540V on grey back generic vinyl. Prints beautifully however after drying time the material pulls away at the contour cut and curls onto itself.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 88

Msrae

Rae
I always use laminate. I think it is a better overall decision. The prints stay nice for much longer and you don't get the curled edges.

SignShopNB

Thanks so much fro the quick responses. I have made adjustments for drying time (one of those D'oh moments :) and hopefully this will solve some of the issue. Laminate unfortunately is not in the cards for this project (short term use) but I will push for it next job.
Cheers from Saint John NB

OlsonSigns601

I put my prints right from the printer to the plotter on my VJ1204. Perhaps its the vinyl... I use 3165RA and 3651 and never have that problem unless we attempt to install immediately after cutting. I've never had them pick up off the backing paper like that.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Wait 24 hours before cutting, same as if you were laminating it. The ink is still "wet" and the vinyl is soft. We had this happen recently on a rush order of decals, tried to print/cut in the same day with a black printed decal without lamination.

SignShopNB

More than anything it's the crucial "dry time", just wish my customers would understand the delay :) Thanks again for the responses.
cheers!

Wheeler

Might try cutting with heater/dryer off and return to original spot, turn heaters on and then print.

Maybe print 1st with heaters on ( use return to original spot) and then turn heaters off, wait awhile and then cut.