• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Digital Metallic Ink

CMY_K?

Do any of you guys/gals have the ability to print metallic ink digitally? I know that there were a few machines (Roland, Mimaki, etc.) that had this capability, and I'd like to see the quality. I'm just trying to find an alternative to screenprinting, that is better suited for small runs. Typically I make these on a clear cast vinyl. Chime in If you've got one, and are willing to output some sample pieces for me. Obviously I'll pay for the work :)

unclebun

We have in on our S70670. Definitely not a very useful color. It's not outdoor durable. It's not metallic. More like silver paint, which doesn't have very big flake at all. We have used it on the occasional special purpose dirt bike graphic but have not found very many places to use it.

dave_s

No way to match the "metallic" look of screen inks with digital inkjet. Screen ink uses real flakes and large pigments that will never be able to go through an inkjet nozzle. ALL manufacturers sell a "metallic" option but just is not the same look.

CMY_K?

No way to match the "metallic" look of screen inks with digital inkjet. Screen ink uses real flakes and large pigments that will never be able to go through an inkjet nozzle. ALL manufacturers sell a "metallic" option but just is not the same look.
Yeah, I used to own a large format screen-printing shop where we printed a decent amount of metallics and fluorescents, it is just cost prohibitive to screen print short run decals. I keep seeing pics from Roland and Mimaki (like the ones attached), that piqued my interest, hence my original question. Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 101
  • metallictextures.jpg
    metallictextures.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 96
  • mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 97