Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital printers

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Flubber, May 14, 2010.

1. Flubber

Flubber Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Whats the smallest size digital printer that is made?

Tags:
  2. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    probably 24"

3. Flubber

Flubber Member

Apr 28, 2010
    what brand?

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I would think it would be the Gerber Edge. 11.8".

5. Flubber

Flubber Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Im wanting to find a printer but i dnt know where to look

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Are you assuming that smaller is less costly? Do you understand the different processes and the associated costs? A Gerber Edge costs more than a lot of 48" plus inkjets yet some owners. like me, manage to do very well marketing their output. A 24" Roland P-60 sounded great except the supplies for it ended up making most output overpriced and non-competitive. Thousands have jumped into various wide-format inkjets only to find prices for output being lowballed mercilessly.

It sounds like you are oversimplifying your desire to get into printing without stating what your goals and target market will be. If you jump in before you understand what is involved, then you will likely make costly mistakes. Might be better to first outsource and see what kinds of outputs suits your needs.

7. Flubber

Flubber Member

Apr 28, 2010
    We have a mutoh vj 1204 48", i was just looking for a smaller one to do smaller jobs but if its more costly then we can just do without...lol

8. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Eh? All smaller jobs mean is smaller media. just because you have a 48" printer doesn't mean that you have to print 48". Repeat the phrase "Up to 48" until you become comfortable with the concept.