• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digital printers

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you assuming that smaller is less costly? Do you understand the different processes and the associated costs? A Gerber Edge costs more than a lot of 48" plus inkjets yet some owners. like me, manage to do very well marketing their output. A 24" Roland P-60 sounded great except the supplies for it ended up making most output overpriced and non-competitive. Thousands have jumped into various wide-format inkjets only to find prices for output being lowballed mercilessly.

It sounds like you are oversimplifying your desire to get into printing without stating what your goals and target market will be. If you jump in before you understand what is involved, then you will likely make costly mistakes. Might be better to first outsource and see what kinds of outputs suits your needs.

Flubber

We have a mutoh vj 1204 48", i was just looking for a smaller one to do smaller jobs but if its more costly then we can just do without...lol

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
We have a mutoh vj 1204 48", i was just looking for a smaller one to do smaller jobs but if its more costly then we can just do without...lol

Eh? All smaller jobs mean is smaller media. just because you have a 48" printer doesn't mean that you have to print 48". Repeat the phrase "Up to 48" until you become comfortable with the concept.