• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital printing on heat transfer vinyl

Holeshotrob

Hi everyone! I've taken a few years away from the sign business (unfortunately), had another child (A BOY!) but am now back to doing it again part time.

My mma coach has me doing all of his signage for his new gym and asked me if I could get his logo printed on heat transfer vinyl. So far, we have just been using different single colors of it but he wants to know if it's possible. I have been away so long that I'm sure it's most likely possible and probable, but getting back into the swing of things, I'll need a little help along the way to get caught back up.

So, who is printing on heat transfer vinyl or who do you recommend to do it?

Thanks everyone!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes you can do that with solvent, eco-solvent, and latex no problem. Do you have a printer now? Its a pretty simple process, you print, weed, transfer.

shepherddesigns

I wouldn't recommend using latex. Yes, you can physically print on it. The prints come out thick and very plastic feeling. I would stick with solvent or ecosolvent as the print penetrates the vinyl and doesn't simply lay on top like with latex.

henryz

Hello, you can check out Stahls', you can get printed heat transfer material and get a better idea of what you might need if you don't have a printer of your own.

danno

Yes you can do that with solvent, eco-solvent, and latex no problem. Do you have a printer now? Its a pretty simple process, you print, weed, transfer.
Bigfish,

Do you carry a product in stock? I do awning/canvas transfers and would like some information. 60" width would be a must.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I wouldn't recommend using latex. Yes, you can physically print on it. The prints come out thick and very plastic feeling. I would stick with solvent or ecosolvent as the print penetrates the vinyl and doesn't simply lay on top like with latex.

We have used multiple brands on the Latex and there are some by SEF and others that have a very soft hand to it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Bigfish,

Do you carry a product in stock? I do awning/canvas transfers and would like some information. 60" width would be a must.

It's not something I will always have in stock, but if you use it consistently then I would stock it no problem, it's just very pricey and not worth sitting on the inventory unless its moving.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yet I have shirts printed on our old l25500 latex that have probably been washed about 100 times and is 5+ years old. Seriously Latex is great for heat transfer if you use the right films, we use Chemica and Siser PU films and they work great and after a wash have very little hand or feel to them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Specialty Materials has the CPS2160 product that works on both solvent and latex. It has a good feel to it and is very reliable.

Dennis422

Siser PU. I use that film with my latex machines the last 3-4 years.
First with L25500 printer and now with L330.
No issues, except that if you print small logo, it is cheaper to order some already printed and cut from Transfer Express.