• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Digital printing on mylar (NOT Gerber Edge)

Tony Teveris

I have a friend that is looking for a vendor to print on .005" PET (Mylar).

He is interested in trying to duplicate a frosted glass appearance. He says he can only find
clear or coat white PET, is this also true?

I do not know the finished size.

Any help is greatly appreciated

T

Bigdawg

Just Me
We've done some printing on film like that on our Roland. HATED IT! Our biggest problem was we had to laminate it to stop the ink from scratching too easily - clear over clear shows every single dust spec that is there.
I would suggest printing on frosted and applying to the mylar instead. Is there a reason not to go that route?

Tony Teveris

We've done some printing on film like that on our Roland. HATED IT! Our biggest problem was we had to laminate it to stop the ink from scratching too easily - clear over clear shows every single dust spec that is there.
I would suggest printing on frosted and applying to the mylar instead. Is there a reason not to go that route?

I'm really out of the loop on this and just asking for a friend, what was the frosted material you used?

Thanks for the info.

T

SignCenter203

Merchant Member
I have a friend that is looking for a vendor to print on .005" PET (Mylar).

He is interested in trying to duplicate a frosted glass appearance. He says he can only find
clear or coat white PET, is this also true?

I do not know the finished size.

Any help is greatly appreciated

T
Hi Tony,

We can print UV white on this material to create frosted effect. We've done similar on clear RTA and acrylic. We are a trade only printer in Connecticut: websigncenter.com

Superior_Adam

Find someone that can direct print using UV. We are able to create a frosted look by using a percentage of white instead of full on white. We have done a lot of projects this way for the local college.