• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digital printing pricing question????

decaljunkie

I have a client that comes to me for all his printing needs. And he called me up last night to ask me what I will charge hime to print on window perf vinyl if he supplies all the vinyl.
I usually charge him $4.50 sf to print with my meterial. And $3.00 sf with regular vinyl with my material. I think he figures he can save some money if he just buys the roll of perf and has me print on it. What should I charge him to print on his material? Any suggestions. Are welcome. Thanks

wildside

the bigger issue is, why is your customer having access to buying your raw materials?

we will not print anything someone brings to us, if they seem to have access to the raw materials, they can by the equipment to complete the process:peace!:

Circleville Signs

I'd charge him the following:

(Ink cost/sf * 2) + (Shop rate/hr *2) with him having to sign a waiver stating that you are not responsible for any material failures, printer errors, etc. I'd make him pay me up front.

These types of clients are idiots. You don't need or want them.

PS - Unless you are doing wholesale work for this guy, you are drastically undercharging him for his print work.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Does your printing source give you a discount if you supply the paper? Does your local restaurant give you a discount if you supply the steak? Just tell him that your equipment is setup to run the specific materials that you stock and nothing from clients is accepted.

If you feel you need to accept the order, the fee should be no less than if you supplied the material minus your normal cost for the material consumed.