• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digital printing

graphix

ok new to this, i seen or see alot of banners ect, that the design has kinda large colored dots up close but from distant looks good , how do they do this or is this a resolution thing, looks like it would save a little on ink
i have a sp540 just vurious if i need to be looking at trying or printing my banners like this...
thanks

Mosh

It is all in the design. Eco So link is so cheap why worry about it?
You might be looking at something screen printed, not trying to save ink, just easier to print with larger HALFTONES ( those "dots" you are talking about) Look good from a distance, that is what they are meant for.

kazoosigns

Either screen printed, or UV printing. We farm out some of our bigger jobs to a company that uses UV printers, and their prints come back looking like a whole lot of stippling.

We do screen printed here too, and if you're looking at the bigger dots, that's a halftone, like Mosh was saying. One of our competitors has an automated 4-color screen print outfit, and it has halftones on everything, just to get the colors to look correct.

Its dot gain from the printer..

Old school grand format printers that print at a lower resolution are the cause.

First and Second generation Nurs and Vuteks printed that way many of these machines are still printing the same garbage right now...