• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Prints on Coffee Mugs

gixxer2004

Did anyone ever put digital prints on coffee mugs? What would be the best vinyl? Did you laminate them? Did you try washing them in the dish washer? I used the etched glass vinyl on glass mugs before and they held up very good......I even washed it in the washing machine a few times and they held up really good. I know the best way would be to use sublimation but I don't have that set up and wanted some thing that would last about a year.

Thanks!

I have a Digital Print on Oracal with 210 lam on a tervis tumber, custom baby!
been in the dishwasher hundreds of times. no problems with it

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe if you're making this for yourself, you can ingest anything you want, but if you are making these for re-sale, you might need to check in with the correct department of the Food Administration.

However minutely this might happen, you could be spreading chemicals onto every dish, fork and glass in the washer when washed with an unsafe product.

mpn

Have a generic calendared vinyl w/o lam holding up well, about a year and just starting to show wear on the edges. (coffee mug and multiple dishwasher trips)

tsgstl

We have done labels for things that were put in the dishwasher. oracal 3164 with cal lam. We talked to a oracal rep before we did it. I eat oracal for breakfast and I feel fine.

Heat Press & Vinyl for Mugs

Trying to figure out if (and how) I can use my equipment below for mugs and plates.

Printer: Roland VersaCAMM SP-300i
Heat Press: Digital Pro 8-in-1 Heat Transfer Press. It came with the attachments for mugs and plates.

Any help is much appreciated.

TK

WildWestDesigns

Dye sublimation is the trick.

This is the way to go right here. Just have to make sure that you get the mugs that are already treated for this process.

There are sprays that are available to treat mugs after they are made, but the results are hit and miss due to the inconsistent application of the spray.

This might have changed, I haven't messed with these products in a long time, since it was more efficient to buy them already treated.

BESTBLANKS

Mug Printing with sublimation is the way to go.

Trying to figure out if (and how) I can use my equipment below for mugs and plates.

Printer: Roland VersaCAMM SP-300i
Heat Press: Digital Pro 8-in-1 Heat Transfer Press. It came with the attachments for mugs and plates.

Any help is much appreciated.

TK

Hi, We are a turn-key sublimation supplier/wholesaler and can help you with everything you need!

Please click or call - 888-431-7385 www.bestblanks.com
We are glad to answer any questions you have.

BESTBLANKS.com