• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Sandblasting.

TommyFastLane

Here is the layout was brainstorming on. It kinda took on a "Southwestern" type of flow but I was originally looking for a Louisiana "French" look. I like it but I feel like its a little empty. I used Artbot's Technique on the Adonai Plaza Logo. Whatcha think? Look like sandblasting? Is the design crap? Colors?
Thanks for all the help so far!:design:

Attachments

• southern pediatrics.jpg
    southern pediatrics.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 71

JimmyG

I know where you are try to go with the sandblast background digital version for print Tommy...you need try more photoshop embossing to create more digital texture on the background...
I've done alot of similar actual sandblast signs and've done job drawings to fit also...
Design wise, your shape is nice, florilis embellishes can be fitted, but on professional Pediatric clinic level the name copy is too extreme with the big S's on the front and end...
Concentrate less on the plaza name and more on the professional name of the clinic....after all, the sign needs be about the clinic and not the plaza name....I would use a large cap S and a large cap P on Southern Pediatrics instead of your design....I would even try upper and lower case on the clinic name to see how it looks visually and balance it with the shape and embellish ornates...
The plaza name could actually be done in a "subordinate" design element like an oval to fit...perhaps even a double blasted effect to make the plaza element more subtle....
Overall spatial design is first key on sandblasted signs...the background is just enhancement of the process...consider all that since you are seeking to "fake it" digitally....

:)~

JimmyG

Southern Pediatrics text redo looks much better to me Tommy....The white letters with black outline, green block shade that you used in your first design would work quite well also...

I know the Large caps on front & end of names is "stylish" and popular, but in my humble opinion only works well on certain business "types" like bars and restaurants for a couple examples....