• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital skin technology?? this is cool..

letterman7

Interesting concept that's been around a while, though I doubt it'll ever become reality. The engineering involved to keep everything covered and working on opening parts would be immense and costs would reflect that. What happens when it gets a parking lot ding or worse?

thesignexpert

Interesting concept that's been around a while, though I doubt it'll ever become reality. The engineering involved to keep everything covered and working on opening parts would be immense and costs would reflect that. What happens when it gets a parking lot ding or worse?

Absolutely true... for now. Of course we have all seen the incredible leaps forward in all things digital over the last few years. The technology progress alone puts this well in the realm of reality in my opinion.

I could see utilizing the organic LED technology in combination with a thin but tough polycarbonate protective face for the display and parking lot issue. Of course it is still very expensive but that will undoubtedly become less & less of a problem.

Could any of us have imagined that we could buy a 36"+ monitor that was only .75" thick for a couple of hundred bucks even ten years ago.

I'm thinking us wrap guys might be out of work in about 30 years. :wink: